AOTY 2020
Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Nov 18, 2020 (updated Nov 22, 2020)
8.9 - Amazing

What a treat. She really had me worried with this one, and all of that went away.

This new Kali Uchis album surprised me a ton. I was worried about it because the singles sounded pretty similar to Isolation, and I was hoping she would switch things up and not play it safe, which is exactly what she did. The rest of the album sounds COMPLETELY different from the singles, with a lot more of an introspective and chill vibe, with a more of a spacey and traditional sound, that absolutely blew me away. The production from Sounwave and more, it gives off a really chill vibe that I adore, with lots of synthy production and hazy soundscapes. Kali herself has improved her vocals so much it’s crazy that she only did so in the span of 2 years. There are some high notes she hits that just sent me to another place, and her vocal range is off the walls. Throughout, she sings about love, and it feels super intimate and personal and like it’s just to you. And something that has also changed completely is the language. This album has a ton more Spanish than Isolation which gives it an even more different sound then her previous work. And although this can be hard to get used for people who don’t know the language fluently, including me, it’s never really an issue. You can also just look on Genius or other places to translate the lyrics if you want, but I certainly didn’t. Moving on, the features here are also quite nice, with the fun rapping from Rico Nasty, and the relaxed performance from PARTYNEXTDOOR, this album uses features at the perfect times. Overall, what an impressive effort from Kali, and it’s one that I will be coming back to quite a bit.

Best tracks: la luna enamorada, fue mejor, //aguardiente y limón %ᵕ‿‿ᵕ% (fav), ¡aquí yo mando!, vaya con dios, que de pedí//, quiero sentirme bien, telepatía, te pongo mal (prendelo)

Least fav: n/a, but if I had to choose then I guess no eres tu?

EDIT: La Luz is a grower and the album is a super consistent listen.
bad reviews man

liked and commented
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOO
pog album
this album is literally AWESOME
Nov 18, 2020
pog af. couldnt pick a least favorite myself
yup %ᵕ‿‿ᵕ%