21 Savage, Offset & Metro Boomin - Without Warning
8.0 - Great

Another project that took me by surprise.

Without Warning is a project I’ve had my eyes on for quite a bit now. I’m a huge fan of trap music, and this project has gotten a some what size-able amount of praise in a genre filled with tons of duds. And man, is this one fun.

I’m a sucker for grimy trap beats, and this project is full of them. The atmosphere of the record is eerie in an intelligent way, and is mostly consistent throughout. It shows Metro Boomin continue to excel at his production, foreshadowing the sound that he would improve on Savage Mode II. 21 Savage and Offset have a surprising amount of unexpected chemistry on here, knowing when to give each other the spotlight quite well. Their lyricism is fun, braggadocious, and sometimes funny, even if a corny bar can hop in once in a while. But still, it’s definitely solid. Most of all, this tape is just fun. It is important to look at it critically, but still, I can’t deny that the enjoyability of the record is quite important. You could play this album almost anywhere and it will still probably be a great time. I will admit that sometimes tracks can get slow, which can be an issue, but it fits the vibe so it never really bothers me. Overall, Without Warning is a consistent, quite enjoyable, but slightly flawed release from Metro, 21, and Offset, and definitely deserves the praise. It’s a tape I will definitely be returning to.

Best tracks: Ghostface Killers (fav), Rap Saved Me, Ric Flair Drip, Nightmare, Disrespectful, Run Up The Racks, Still Serving, Darth Vader

Least fav: I definitely have one I just can’t put my finger on it rn
Love this review!! :)
BruhMan
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.