Feb 10, 2024
A Rich The Kid feature in 2024??? huh. And when Chris Brown has one of the more interesting vocal performances on your album, you know something's wrong.

Sooo... Kanye East & Ty Stop Sign (stop) deliver an album with music on it. And it's not very good in my opinion.

Ty Stop Sign sounds absolutely detached from reality with his Auto-tune not even matching the beat some of the time and his vocal performances being more half-baked than a frozen cake I have in my fridge and Kanye's left drowning in his own ego, thinking everything he makes is brilliant, when in reality, these songs have barely any direction, cohesion, or focus to them. Some of the instrumentals have some great moments to them, but unfortunately, they never amount to anything special, outside of a few solid moments.

The reason I mention Kanye's ego is that this album clearly feels very ambitious, huge, and flashy. Expensive production, experimental sections, attempts at unique deliveries... yet, the actual content of the songs is so boring, lyrically and musically. Particularly in the vocal performances. There is the occasional charismatic line here and there and the occasional good beat, but it all falls apart very quickly, even when those moments do come.

There is also absolutely zero chemistry between Kanye and Ty. Ty sounds like he's lost in his own world, doing his own generic boring Alt R&B on the songs, and Kanye's cooking his own thing, except without any oil or seasoning. Cooking flashy steak on a dry pan. There is so much happening, but barely any of it is engaging. Also, some of the sections just sound very strange and unfinished, something about the mixing doesn't feel right at parts either. It's just a mess of an album.

The only song that feels truly complete and interesting is "FUK SUMN" and even that makes my eyes roll, with its beyond rudimentary lyrical content, but hey, at least it's a banger. The beats really carry this thing so hard, to save it from being terrible.

It's not AS bad as the singles would have suggested (particularly Vultures), but it's not very good either.

FAV TRACKS: FUK SUMN, PROBLEMATIC, PAPERWORK

14GOOD (DON'T DIE) / 73
15PROBLEMATIC / 75
16KING / 20
3w
this album is the exact same egotistical nothing burger i expected from kanye and yet hip hop twitter is gonna eat it up
3w
Honestly your review sucks if you don't like carnival at least lmao
3w
U still have the worst album of the year, so I would say much
W review
Completely agree Remi
3w
What’s great is how these people complain about how cringe the new Taylor Swift tracklist is with such creative titles as FUK SUMN and HOODRAT
burn getting 30 is wild
3w
there is definitely no one as consistent with bad takes as you
Burn 30 😧
3w
I don't agree fully but I respect it Remi from famous disney movie
3w
Wil you guys who are trying to bring remis music in to this just grow up. He just didn't enjoy the album and that's fine there is absolutely no need to try and bring him and his music down for an opinion on an album that is completely unrelated
3w
@MontyDog123 I completely agree.
womp womp
3w
I personally love this album, but I still respect the opinion. Very good review!
3w
Just finished listening and writing my own review, yeah you cooked with this one. And the lashing out of Kanye fans and bringing your own music into it is mad corny. We're hitting Nicki Minaj stan levels of annoying.
3w
Trash review bro😭 plus u gave burn a 30.

Also drakes meat vs kanye meats whos winningπŸ€”πŸ€”
@Northbest kanye definitely
drakes was too limp like a fuckin gummy worm
rare Remi W
@yesmk fax lmao
2w
all i'm going to say is how tf are you giving vultures higher than carnival.
2w
hatin bruh 😭😭😭 carnival ain't that bad
2w
I disagree with the overall rating, but the critiques you make definitely make sense, and I can stand by those. I just feel that the production on this album is enough to excuse a lot of the lyrical/delivery mishaps. It’s a similar situation to UTOPIA
2w
the best review thank god u articulated it so well
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
carnival a 10? HUH
2w
Good lord these comments are miserable
2w
Actually so real for this one
2w
now they letting anyone do reviews or what? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
2w
Ye stans try not to cry over someones opinion challenge (Impossible)
2w
Ty Stop Sign was brutal :) nice review dude!
2w
@ShirtMan0 is that not the point of the site?
how is carnival a 1/10