AOTY 2022
Machine Gun Kelly - mainstream sellout
Mar 25, 2022 (updated Mar 26, 2022)
The worst album of the year

To be honest, in the beginning, I kinda thought this would be at least a little bit better than "Tickets To My Downfall", but my god man, the more you get into this, the worse it gets, I wasn't ready for how bad this actually was.

Everything about this sucks, I think everything I said about "Tickets To My Downfall" still applies to this album, but a lot of things got a lot worse, especially those lyrics, like... "WW4" took like a decade off my lifetime. Like, genuinely, how can someone have so much stupid shit to say? The lyrics to songs like the title track, "ay!", and "emo girl" are some of the most insufferable things I've ever had to hear. Not just that, but how pretentious this whole thing is, why does he have to put himself in this place of being an underdog that everyone hates? It's obvious that's the point, just look at the cover.

And I haven't even mentioned the vocals, GOD, he just can't sing, like, I'm sorry, but his voice sounds gross like I swear, it just doesn't match at all with the sound, the goddamn trap beats in the back return too... woo! I guess. And, why bring in features? Like, who wanted to hear Gunna on an MGK album? Like honestly, who? All the themes are as generic as pop-punk can get but probably worse too, with songs about girls, fame, and Sid and Nancy, goddamn it man, I just wasted 40 minutes of my life.

emo emo emo emo emo emo emo emo

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

8mo
I feel that. I'm sorry, you had to go through that. I want to be open and give MGK as many chances as he needs but he dissapoints me all the time. Hope you'll listen to good stuff to restore your lifetime. :D
8mo
@MyStupidWorld LMAO, don't worry I love listening to bad music, thanks for reading.