Jhene Aiko - Chilombo
Mar 7, 2020
I thought this album by Jhene was going to be a very good album, but after a couple of listens I cant see why this is a good album. The first thing that I think is the problem is that the album is too long. 1 hour and 3 minutes is way to long and it gets so boring after a while. Second thing is that she dosnt do anything special in this album. She sounds pretty much the same throughout the whole album and the best song on it was the last song. Also some very corny lyrics and many fillers make this album much worst than it could be.
Apr 1, 2020
Nah you got the album all wrong. She used a sound bow in all the songs to they promote chakra balancing as well as stress and anxiety. The first part of the album is about a breakup where everything is very raw emotionally, and Jhené finds herself bitter over what happened. As the album progresses she then puts on a front that she doesn’t care anymore, but there’s still a bite to the lyrics that let you know she’s not. After some time she starts to genuinely feel better and notes she feels free, although that quickly comes crashing down as she questions her sanity and trust in herself. Coping mechanisms such as smoking weed come into the picture as she tries to reflect and move on, and then seemingly finds a new love that makes her feel happy again. However, yet again she realizes she wasn’t ready to let go of her past love. This album doesn’t really end with a happy resolve and you’re left in a sort of emotional limbo.
itscase