Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By
Jun 10, 2020
A step in the right direction. 2010's Em has an argument for one of the worst rappers of all time, so to hear him put out an album with focus, theme, and fun - yeah, it has bad songs. But the good songs on here, comparing to his last decade? Trust me, this is good for Em. This is where we want him going. Now it's all about fine-tuning and putting out records shorter then 50 minutes.
Oct 28, 2020
2010 Eminem one of the worst rappers of all times ? U must be insane and clearly don't understand wordplay
@Sh5 leave the guy alone it's just his opinion, he's not "insane" for it
Oct 28, 2020
@Sh5 Dude, I love Eminem as much as you do but instead of commenting on everyone’s reviews and triggering fight between people, write ur own reviews, show why you like the albums <3
I agree and disagree

We all do reviews and there is an option to leave a comment . There is nothing a wrong with being critical on a review. I accept that people to do it to me .

Saying em is worst in 2010 is crazy.

Your right about the review thing

Reposting from the comment I left for @Sh5

From 2010 to 2019, Eminem was the primary artist on 6 albums. In six albums, Eminem focused to be a technically gifted rapper in the vein of Pharoah Monche or Vast Aire, opting to push his lyricism into places lyricism have never gone before. He prioritized originality and difficulty of delivery over everything else. But, in going all-in on this idea, he ignored a lot of things that made his previous work so good.

His voice has turned to dogshit - the yelling style is so hard to enjoy on a front-to-end listen, it's grating and irritable. If that wasn't bad enough, he's decided to make every attempt to piss off rap fans - P!nk choruses, a serious lack of help from substantive MC's, and some downright *AWFUL* samples of dime-a-dozen classic rock hits. Man beefed with MGK - that's your GOAT? Dude who'll pick on a cheap boy toy to stay relevant? Yeah, okay. Just know his stuff from Infinite has more swagger and style then anything he makes now.
Oct 29, 2020
Wouldn’t call him the worst, when fucking Lil Xan exists (i have nothing against new rappers but that kid gives me aids). I agree a bit on the voice, I don’t listen to this album that much. But he’s affected my life so much and that’s why he’s my favorite rapper. I do admit he’s gotten a but washed up but I do think he can make a good album soon
Oct 29, 2020
Hey, you're telling me - Eminem was the first musician I ever fell in love with, he was all I listened to for a few years of my life. But that was 7-8 years ago - nowadays, I've listened to enough music to realize that, although Eminem is talented and creative in his own respect, he's definitely gotten help from influences and peers that were just as talented in their own right. I can appreciate him for being my first musical love of my life, and the person who got me into rap - but nowadays, I can take off the rose tinted glasses to see the flaws in his music, ESPECIALLY his new music.
Oct 29, 2020
I agree completely again, I’ve had years to deepen my taste, I can realize that he isn’t the best critically, but IMO he is, lol. I mean I can’t defend revival no matter what, but I do like seeing ur take on this.
Oct 29, 2020
Hell, I just hate when “real music” fans just shit on anyone who likes Eminem/Any Mainstream Rapper Who Isn’t Kendrick/Kanye and just shove TPAB and Ok Computer into their faces. Still outstanding records, and even though I’ve had years, it hasn’t changed my thoughts on Shady despite Revival/Kamikaze
Oct 29, 2020
Yeah, I understand seeing the same thing over and over again can be annoying. That's why I think it's important to do some digging, trying to connect the dots between influences before and after, trying to contextualize why artists like Em changed or adapted as they did. Masta Ace doesn't get the full props he deserves for influencing Em's style as he did - if you're looking for alternatives to Em with a similar rap style, give him a shot!
Oct 29, 2020
Ah yeah, fuckin’ love him as well, I feel like the other reason why he gets hate is his 8 year old fanbase who hate anybody except for him, and can’t accept opinions. of course that’s just a small part of it but it does give him a bad rep somehow. I feel like Masta Ace has a more consistent discography, obviously, that’s his main problem.
Oct 29, 2020
Right, right - I'm of the belief that Em's last good album was Eminem Show. But his HUGE fanbase has deluded the discourse on him to seem like he's an impenetrable GOAT with a flawless case for the title - even if, ya know, there are a fair amount of flaws to work with.