Cordae - From a Bird's Eye View
Jan 14, 2022
Man, you can really feel the dogshit of a whack Em feature like, 3 seconds in.

This Cordae dude reminds me of Common, but with less wit/rhyming ability and more youthful ambition. Sonic palette is similar, almost zero dissonance. Some shades of Logic in there too, but Cordae is better at conveying an older soul conviction, the kind of MC who's a little wiser then his age might imply. He just doesn't do anything that you've never heard before unless you're 13 and this is your 4th rap album ever. Thankfully, what he lacks in uniqueness, he makes up for in having reasonable consistency. There aren't any 10/10 songs here or anything, but the worst songs aren't all bad, they're manageable. There might be a Cordae album that really pushes the envelope and separates him from the pack, but this isn't the one to do it.

Jan 14, 2022
after listening to that song he did with logic these two have conjoined
Jan 14, 2022
Exactly. Even I got Common vibes in the first half. Perfectly summarised the album mate. Cheers! 💯
you nailed it
Jan 14, 2022
“ He just doesn't do anything that you've never heard before unless you're 13 and this is your 4th rap album ever.” This is a fantastic way of describing it LMAO
Jan 14, 2022
I got some Cole vibes as well as far as some of the lyrical content and vocal deliveries
With the Common comparisons I’m excited to hear this
@KryptLord 10's Common, not 00's or 90's Common
Ems verse was decent . Dogshit is going too far
Jan 15, 2022
Why are you mentioning the Em verse? That's a bonus track and a remix.
Jan 15, 2022
@curbicon if it's bad enough, I need to take points off for its inclusion - bonuses and remixes are not spared from this policy
Jan 15, 2022
That doesn't make any sense, you're reviewing the core album, correct?
Jan 15, 2022
@curbicon - Yes, and everything that comes with it! I'm reviewing what I listened to, the album was above average so I wanted to give the bonus songs a try. If I listen to something on Spotify that I can only find by clicking that album link, why the hell wouldn't I give it a shot? Maybe if it's like, short and not that good or bad, then you can make an argument for not including it cause the score would be as is, why bother? But if something is *that* bad, I can't just pretend like I didn't hear that shit. It makes total sense to me, but if you feel differently then that's fine too that's all you.
Jan 17, 2022