AOTY 2021
Ariana Grande - Ariana Grande Vevo Live Performances
Oct 15, 2021 (updated Oct 30, 2021)
If you have ever spoken to me, or if you’ve looked at my page whatsoever, you would probably make the assumption that I love Ariana Grande. And NO, I am not simping. I have 1000% respect for Ari in every way, and I’m simply just supporting her. Now that that’s out of the way, I’ll start the review.

Ari’s sixth studio LP “Positions” has legitimately changed my life in every way, and there’s nothing else that could top that record. No other record has made me feel as safe and comforted as Positions did. It was special. Now, I’m starting to realize that the era surrounding Positions was the reason I protected the album with my life. The music videos, the photoshoot, and the absolutely stunning Vevo performances. Over the past 4 months, Positions has slowly been leaving my rotation(meaning that I listen once every 2 days not every day). The Vevo performances were the exact reason for this. I was left in shock. I had multiple occasions where these videos just make me cry. Read that sentence again. I NEVER CRY. It’s once in a blue moon. I’m legitimately left in tears after these six masterful videos on a normal occurrence now. I don’t even like to pick favorites. However, the one I had the most connection to was “Off The Table” with The Weeknd. I shiver and tear up through the entire video every time. Y’all know how I feel about the king of pop. Abel and Ariana never miss, and they never will. Knowing that these two collaborated in a performance like this makes my day every day. I love that the videos have an emotional roller coaster to them. “pov” was released almost three weeks before the others, so it felt somewhat separate. It was a beautiful performance that I was stunned to see when it came out. Hearing about the other five coming out slowly was beyond exciting for me. Safety Net is my favorite Ari song, so that was nuts. I had goosebumps during the bridge especially. After getting two moving performances in a row, the approach changed. “My hair” and “34+35” were such a change due to the alternative approach Ari took. The transition between both videos was great as well. I already talked about Off The Table(which was released 5th out of the 6), so I’ll move on. Positions deserved an ovation. Using the soundboard to add layers to her vocals was beyond satisfying. It just felt like the perfect closer to a beautiful era.

I am unequivocally feeling a TEN. What the fuck. How does this exist? I have nothing else to say omg.

Edit: Ariana put out a full live version of the Vevo performances on the 1 year anniversary of the album.
slay queen
Ari killed it fr
Oct 15, 2021
Ari got the whole gang 😭
Oct 16, 2021
Aight you got me curious
Oct 16, 2021
Are you a yogurt male?
Oct 18, 2021
W for not being a gross simp, while I haven’t listened to this and don’t really plan to I really respect your commitment.
Oct 19, 2021
@Jack Ivy tysm <3 I definitely think you would genuinely get something out of these. It's less than 20 minutes and its just 6 quick youtube videos. It's up to you, just a perfect groups of videos imo.
Oct 21, 2021