Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5
May 8, 2022 (updated May 9, 2022)
So maybe Jack Harlow isn't that good

Kendrick Lamar is back like he never left. The Heart Part 5 is the first punch outside the ring(because it won't be on the record), and I am genuinely lost for words. I haven't gotten a feeling like this for a hip-hop record since Introvert(Little Simz), and we all saw how that album went. He didn't even mention that he won a grammy without dropping a solo track in five years, so he seems to be truly focused on the next chapter like the last ones never happened. With Kendrick Lamar's absence from social media, he hasn't spoken on many important topics in the world, so this track seems to show that he's in tune with society, and he's informed and well-aware of everything going on.

The fact that the music video was an essential to enhance the track speaks for itself. The face change concept is absolutely genius. OJ Simpson, Kanye West, Jesse Smollett, Will Smith, Kobe Bryant, and Nipsey Hussle are all very different in their own ways. However, Lamar tends to speak on African-American culture throughout his music, and they are people in that community that have received love and criticism from the public eye over time.

Kendrick Lamar has impressed me once again, and he's exceeded my already high expectations. Mr. Morale and The Big Steppers has the potential to be a masterpiece.

that’s a bold claim
1w
I don't think we needed this single to know Jack Harlow's not good lol
1w
I am so ready for some new Kdotttt :)