Run the Jewels - RTJ4
Jun 3, 2020
Run the Jewels' best album yet!

Killer Mike and El-P are just the greatest duo of all time, dropping some INSANE verses highlighting the Black Lives Matter protests and black empowerment, SUPER inspiring!

I can't even believe El-P's production, it's all-over-the-place and like nothing I've ever heard before, despite still sounding like Run the Jewels.

The features are super unexpected and used to their full potential, such as Zack De La Rocha (back with them again!), Mavis Staples, Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, and even the legendary DJ Premier takes over production for a track.

Don't even get me started on the last song. It's an ode to rising up to the injustices of the world, and it's incredible in its rich lyrics, production, and progression, it's an epic almost-7-minute track. An emotional sax solo backends an impactful set of verses, and right after, the opening chorus is uttered again, tying the whole thing together perfectly, as janky guitars and vocal manipulations move about from ear to ear.

There's a lot to unpack here, and I think everyone should both hear and examine the intricacies of the album's lyrics, it is pure art.
Jun 3, 2020
Found it to be their least consistent record quality-wise, pretty typical RTJ-material, nothing too surprising or shocking. Looking at it objectively though, one could argue it's one of their most essential albums thus far. And yes, the last song is indeed incredible!
Jun 4, 2020
I think it's such an achievement because El-P is still finding ways to have Run the Jewels' production sound fresh in the modern music landscape. It incorporates elements of modern trap in ways I haven't heard them do before, or anyone do before for that matter!
Jun 4, 2020
@Inglume “nothing too surprising or shocking” umm... Did you forget that Walking in the Snow was on the record?
Jun 5, 2020
If you've gone through RTJ's discography, you've heard a song like Walking in the Snow many times before @TheTourist90
Jun 5, 2020
Cosmilk
Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware