Playboi Carti - Whole Lotta Red
Dec 25, 2020 (updated Jan 18, 2021)
EDIT 3: slay3r is my favourite song right now.

EDIT 2: finally spending time with your son. Also, this albums keeps growing on you. I love this punk shit.

EDIT: Carti, please. Say sorry to Iggy and make up for being a piece of shit to her and your kid.

Merry Cartimas everyone!

Wait, what? ANOTHER REVIEW. This is the most confusing album of the year. O had no idea how to put my ideas in place and create a good review because i really had no idea what to believe about it. I wanted to relisten to it. And i did. I expected it to slightly get better but then, wow, it hit me hard. It got me more hyped then the first time i heard it. I am calling it right now. This will become the second Die Lit. I'm not even kidding. Carti is a genius. This is truly a rightful sequel because it has the same grower effect. A lot of people didn't take that in account and thought it's trash, but if we're being honest, most of us don't even know what to think about it yet. It's a repeating process that, i guess, every Carti release has to go through.

It's goddamn weird.

Carti made an experimental ...umm.. punk rap (?) album. It's funny how a lot of people expected trap. This is that, but with a different tone and energy. He sounds MAD! and i love it. The hate is really unnecessary because we jumped to conclusions way too fast on it. This happened before and i'm glad that Die Lit turned out to be the way it did.

Carti is NOT overrated. THIS might sound bad at first. It makes sense. It's totally understandable. It's shit, but the best shit ever. You need to relisten to it and absorb / process it correctly, to give it multiple tries. I went from a 70 to 60 in my head and now to this. I don't know what was wrong with me back then, maybe i was sleepy, or maybe the haters were just killing off my vibe, but once you just take it on your own and pay attention to the details in it's structure it becomes cooler and cooler. If you are a Carti fan, this is addictive asf and even if you aren't you can still get to enjoy it. Just let yourself float and get lost in it. Have some brainless fun and forget about supid smart shit. It's a getaway to a fun place.

Once again, Merry christmas! I hope you have a great Christmas with your families and get your wishes fulfilled. Love all of you, no matter how much you hate this album. In the end it doesn't matter. It's fucking Christmas. 👾💜🤙
Scre4meh's Tags
Dec 25, 2020
This makes Die Lit feel like an ambient album fr it’s so hype
Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas! Great review! :)
Dec 25, 2020
the inside carti stan doesn't allow me to hate it. sorry
Dec 26, 2020
merry christmas, my guy!!
Jan 9, 2021