The Dirty Nil - Fuck Art
Jan 7, 2021
I am suddenly getting Yungblud flashbacks.

I literally had no idea who Dirty Nil is and what to expect out of this album, but you already know i'll check it out when the doggo is on the cover, no matter what genre it is.

The cover is the complete opposite of what the content of the project is. I waited until i could review it and yea, most ratings range around the mid area, lowering any expectation for me before listening to it, especially when i read it'sa punk pop album. The moment i found out what genre it is and then looked at the ratings, i knew i'm in for a rather boring trip.

Surprisingly, it's a 50. What's to expect? Every track is essentially a basic pop punk song with mediocre lyrics and alright vocals. It just makes you question you if there is anything special about it altogether, except the happy cover.

Most of the tracks are... just ok or average. Personally, i feel like bad albums can be good if they are so bad they are funny, but an average album is just... so bland and boring, resulting in a much worse experience, specifically for me who tends to listen to the album completely, even if it's long or mid. It's almost unbearable. I almost felt like that, but luckily enough there are some decent songs on it that light up the day a little before the storm keeps going.

Overall, it's just alright. It isn't bad or anything like that, but the performances lack the strength and lyrical content to keep me interested in it's entirety. In the end, it fades or, more appropriately, it drowns in the never ending sea of mid albums that gets spawned every week out of God knows what hell it comes from.

My GF Score: 63/100
She generally likes stuff like this and the dog made her happy, so i get it. Tried liking it as well, but i just didn't feel it.
Scre4meh's Tags
Great review! :)
Jan 7, 2021
i felt the same way, really wanted to like it but i couldn’t make it happen. at least it’s better than that mgk pop punk album though
Jan 8, 2021