Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
PRE-REVIRW NOTE: special is incoming. :p 💜

Jazmine Sullivan is a new name to me, and i was really surprised to see that she makes music since 2008, my original thoughts being that she might be another new R&B / neo-soul artist that started popping off recently.

In contrast with the overall background surprise, the project is definetly not offering much of a surprise to me. I like it, but not to an extent of listening to it that much.

The seemingly long EP features female empowerment themes like many other fellow artists, solidified by the many interludes sprinkled after each track which showcase different stories of women and their problems with nowadays' society. Sonically, it has a calm and laid-back R&B style of vocals with, sometimes, stronger parts that are giving it the soul-ish vibe. They are alright for the most part, with a few more emotional highlights.

The features are mainly one of the reasons i found it interesting to check out, with Ari Lennox, H.E.R and Anderson .Paak being on it, all actually delivering decent performances.

There isn't much to judge here, but the problems that i can see are, for me, kind of a major factor as to why i didn't enjoy that much. It's quite linear and boring. That's the only way to sum it up, even if it gets helped by the cohesiveness of the EP, overall.

My GF Score: 68/100
Scre4meh's Tags
Jan 11, 2021
lmao you listened to horny abuja with your gf??
@BGL13 yessir lmao