NF - CLOUDS
Feb 18, 2021 (updated Feb 18, 2021)
TALK THAT TALK NF! LORD.

This is NF's best song for years. Hell, might be his best song yet. I'm not a huge NF fan on the regular, but i've never hated him or his music. I never thought he really had much variety or anything and i don't think i would've seen this kind of song come out from him like, 3-4 months ago.

This does follow the classic NF, string chamber sound, but this time he actually uses his voice much better. You get to hear much more melodic flows from him then he usually aims for, and it sounds SO much better then most of his stuff. I can go as far as to say Eminem can't do this. It would sound really awkward. But NF does somehow manage to deliver a really clean sound here. Lyrically, it's also less... corny. He speaks up on all the criticism he received in the past and he does it with much more confidence and boldness, not giving up the song into being overdone or stupid. The verses present a great performance from NF and they flow smoothly with the dramatic ass beat that backs him up. The second verse just goes too hard. The outro instrumental sounds... wow. It's like cooling off after a hot day.

The beat is, well, matching NF, even if it doesn't sound much different then what he previously rapped before. It's still really formulaic, but i feel like this one has specific aspects that makes it stand out more when compared to the tracks from his records.

NF realised what he didn't yet. And that's actually impressing me with a song. I still don't have HIGH ass hopes for the tape, but it might turn out great if it's remotely close in sound to this.

GF Rating: 88/100
BIG W

Some people gonna hate on it only because It's NF
" Change My Style, They Told Me " . He's bout give mfs what they wanted
great review!
Feb 18, 2021
Nice review! NF was the very first rap artist I listened to, makes me happy to see a positive review for this song from you. Doesn't really depart much from his established style but definitely shows it near its best.
Feb 19, 2021
Im glad someone that isnt a diehard NF fan got a lot out of this song and thought it was great. It surprises me seeing how much hate this dude gets when he makes songs that sound phenomenal to my ear. I thought this would be a pretty well received song tbh
Feb 19, 2021
Leave the Door Open
Zara Larsson - Poster Girl
Zara Larsson
Poster Girl
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.