Benny The Butcher - Burden of Proof
Oct 19, 2020
The Butcher came, he saw, and he conquered.

Benny the Butcher has always been a fascinating figure. His cold-blooded coke raps and old school production are an amazing combination and together with the other Griselda members, they have succeeded in establishing themselves as unique artists within the current world of rap.

Out of all the Griselda members who have been flooding the market with music this year, Benny is my favorite by far. This is because he is so good at storytelling. He makes you want to listen to every word he spits and I can get lost in his detailed narratives.

With this new record, Burden of Proof, he shows me that he still is the most talented Griselda member. Unlike his previous efforts, this record has a more joyful vibe and more upbeat production. The production is handled by Hit-Boy who has done an amazing job. There isn't a single bad beat on this record and they all support Benny well.

Benny's bars and lyrics are the highlight of this record. His storytelling is as good as always and I appreciate him for being so introspective and brutally honest on this record. I value him talking about the dark and distorted side of the street life that many other rappers glorify within their music. This isn't talked about enough and it's great to hear Benny's perspective on this.

In conclusion, this record is yet another example of why Benny is one of the most gifted and consistent rappers right now. He stays true to his roots and his amazing delivery and lyrics make for yet another good album.
Comments
Good News
Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Kali Uchis
Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.