Kero Kero Bonito - Civilisation II
Jun 27, 2021
Okay, time for me to review the second Civilisation EP! I liked the first one, and I like this one too, so let's dive into it.

Kero Kero Bonito are a pop trio (mainly synthpop, electropop, stuff like that) from Britain, and they're known for their anime-girl-singing-about-dark-stuff vibe, great production and Death Grips loving fanbase. I don't have a whole lot to say about them as a band, I've only heard one other EP from them, so let's go on to the actual review.

So, what do I think about this EP? It was pretty fun, I guess. I like the concept, once again - the album opens with The Princess and the Clock, and each of the three tracks represents a different tense - past, present and future. A nice idea overall, and KKB executed it quite well, in my opinion. The production is as colorful (and even more detailed, I'd say) than on Civilisation I , the delivery of Sarah is really viby and on point, and the songs are catchy and well-written. It's all kind-of related to quarantine and covid-19 btw, and they gave it a relatable representation imo. Especially, tho no only, on the "present" song - 21/04/2020.

I do have one problem with the EP, and that's the third track, Well Rested. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, great production as always and interesting lyrics, but I do think that its length and the narrator there kinda gives a weird vibe to it, and it hurts the flow of this short EP a little bit. But overall, I did like this track as well (mostly in context, I guess), and it's not a terrible track or anything.

Ranking:

3. Well Rested
2.21/04/2020
1.The Princess and the Clock

To sum it up, yeah, I like this EP. Give it a listen. I do think that Civilisation I is better, but II is solid nontheless. Feeling a 7.5 on this one.
Comments