Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Apr 28, 2021
What a fantastic debut! God, I wish that they kept this level throughout their discography. Such a consistent, energetic, British, well written and well produced album.

Now, let's get to the review. I really try to think of something that I don't really like, and I honestly can't find anything. This album is certainly not a 10 or anything, but it's of high quality and it keeps that quality throughout the whole record. I'd say that the second half of the album is a bit stronger, but it's not a big deal really.

So! Let's give this record some love. The writing here is witty and catchy as hell, and I'm totally here for it. The band has this great-awesome-incredible chemistry, and everything just works together so well. The music is energetic, interesting and well produced (gotta admit, that's a great mix right there. The bass sounds fantastic), with some captivating song structures. This album basically gives the vibe of smoking a cigarette outside a punk club in london while the rain pours down. Oh, and the vocals are the best that Alex Turner has given us to date, I'd say.

I really don't have much more to say. It's just a hella solid, catchy and fun British rock album.

Top Three Tracks: From the Ritz to the Rubble, A Certain Romance, When the Sun Goes Down (Like I said, the second half is stronger than the first one XD)

Least Fav Track: I love every track here, goddamn it. I'd say...Riot Van, if I had to pick one.

To sum it up, this album is a frickin' classic by now and you should definitely give it a listen if you haven't yet. My only complaint is that it's a pity that AM never made something that great again. Feeling an 8.6 on this one.
Comments
Injury Reserve
By the Time I Get to Phoenix
Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
Sometimes I Might Be Introvert
Taylor Swift - Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s Version)
Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s Version)
Donda