Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom
Jun 4, 2021
Damn, it went harder than I expected! And it's quite a short EP (only 4 tracks, something like 12 minutes total) and I don't think that I have a lot to say here, but let's try to write something.

Charli XCX is a pop artist from the UK, and for the last few years she's known as one of the artists that helped popularising Hyperpop. Her production in recent projects is considered quite experimental, and this EP is not an exception. Btw, SOPHIE produced this EP, and that's the first thing I've ever heard from SOPHIE as far as I know. So yeah, that's the background basically.

So, as I said before, this thing slaps. The production is glitchy, the songs has some great instrumental buildup, Charli's vocals are charismatic and the melodies are catchy as hell. The lyrics may come off as weird or cringy a little bit from time to time (especially on first listens), but with each listen you kinda realize how catchy they are and that the writing is actually quite infectious. Not that the lyrics will blow your mind, but they're fun nontheless - empowering at times, romantic at others. This whole EP is just a vibe and I love it.

Since there are only four tracks here, I'll rank them rather than picking top three and least fav XD

4.Trophy
3.Paradise
2.Secret (shh)
1.Vroom Vroom

Yet, every song is at least pretty decent, and they're all fun. To sum it up, yeah, I enjoyed this EP a lot.

p.s
Happy pride month, people :)
Comments