Flume - Hi This Is Flume
Mar 20, 2019 (updated Mar 20, 2019)
Boy oh boy have I been waiting for this! This to me is a very special project and moment in my journey of music listening. The first album that I Iistened to was Skin by Flume. Skin is important to me, since that album I got hooked on album listening; and here I am three years later and hundred upon hundred of albums later. It's almost a weird coincidence for me that I listened to his whole discography just one day before he announced this mixtape, it only makes it that more special for me.

One of the coolest things about the mixtape is the featuring artist that it has. Throughout the past three years I've been exposed to a lot of great artist and it's nice to see that I almost recognize everyone on here. Instead of listening to a track and thinking "Hey that's sounds cool! I'm going to search for solo music from this feature" I had the pleasure of knowing what every individual artist brings to the table and what it adds in my own sentimental value.

I always have loved Flume's ability to mix experimental sounds with a pop aesthetic. It gives Flume an almost unique sound in my opinion. But having that sound combination doesn't also define a succesfull project, which is another thing that I learned and liked from Flume's music: be innovative. The reason Skin resonated with me so well was because it's very different from his debut album. This mixtape only further proves that point.

For now I'm going to score it a 9, it might change later on. But this is almost everything that I wanted from him.

Old review: Why do people rate this when it isn't even out long enough to have listened to it one time completely. Like it so far and a nice visual to along with it.

Edit: score and actual review.
Mar 20, 2019
I agree, it's super cool to look back at older albums/releases and recognize the features. Maybe even dive into their own discography. Reading this honestly made me giddy lol