Green Day has released the worst album of their career if you ask me. And I thought the Uno, Dos, Tre trilogy was bad. This is a cringey failed attempt at garage rock revival and mod revival and at just a bit over 20 minutes, the only thing I felt was serious disappointment and frustration. I’m always going in with an open mind when it comes to Green Day these days, but they’re just churning out absolute tame garbage with recycled, bland pop choruses that fit the radio neatly and wiggle their way into your head at this point, and it’s sad cuz they have some strong albums to their name, such as Dookie, Nimrod, even American Idiot is decent. But this is just bad. Stupid power pop-esque driven chords and sloppy vocals/instrumentation. And I can’t say I enjoyed any songs at all really. I think the score I’ve given it is purely based off the fact I still respect and like the band overall because of earlier releases. Revolution Radio suddenly seems like an 80/100 or some shit, cuz honestly it was a lot better than this insufferable snooze mess.
Comments