Let me start this off by saying I am a huge Iglooghost fan. This guy is a severely underrated wonky artist and his insane production style always leaves me in awe.

On this album, Iglooghost has his wonky roots taking a backseat and has a more electronic art pop sound on here. I do like a handful of the tracks in this style such as the intro track Eœ (Disk•Initiate) and Pure Grey Circle but I do seem to prefer the tracks on here where the wonky elements seep through a bit more (e.g. Slyph Fossil). Quite a few songs on here do feel like Iglooghost is holding back on the wonky elements only for the sake of making a softer album. For example, the final track Yellow Umbra had all the elements to go crazy and be a straight banger but you can almost feel Iglooghost purposefully pulling these elements back to make way for a less wonky sound. There's also the track Amu (Disk•Mod) which is a reworking of Iglooghost's 2020 single Amu which has the song's wonky elements stripped away from it leaving us with a less fulfilling track.

This is my least favourite Iglooghost project, I knew it would be going into it. I just much prefer his insane wonky production over this style he's going for on here. This sounds way more directionless than his other projects. It doesn't feel as fulfilling.
Comments