RÜFÜS DU SOL - Surrender
Nov 6, 2021
I was only previously aware of Australia group RÜFÜS DU SOL from a couple one-off singles I had heard, but now I was jumping into them on their fourth studio release Surrender and I have to say I found their euphoric and anthemic take on house to be right up my alley. Although at first a lot of these songs blurred together with their similar progressions/structures and very general lyrical about the power of love, the joy it can bring and other words of inspiration, but the more I heard them I started to get an appreciation for the synth textures executed in the production. With so many songs having massive builds and pounding beats it’s great to hear this through loud speakers to get maximum effect, but I found listening through headphones brought a different attention to those cool sonic signatures that gave each track their distinct quality. I’ve heard other dance acts approach this sound and do it better elsewhere, but I still really enjoyed my first taste of RÜFÜS DU SOL and look forward on hearing more of them.

Favorite Tracks: Next to Me, I Don't Wanna Leave, Alive, On My Knees, Surrender (feat. Curtis Harding), Always

Comments