glass beach - plastic death
Jan 19, 2024 (updated Jan 19, 2024)
Im about 3 tracks in as of typing this, this is such a radical shake up from the last album. I’m honestly loving what I’m hearing so far, intrigued to see where it goes from here!

ACTUAL REVIEW:

Wow. Fucking. Wow.

First and foremost, if you’re expecting more debut glass beach, you’re gonna be sorely disappointed. This album is one of the biggest, most radical changeups from the original sound for a band in quite a while. GB for the most part shed off most of the power pop aesthetics and (some of the) emo down from the first album and replaces all of that with artsy, progressive, and at points psychedelic, rock cuts that are just… phenomenal. I genuinely adore the sound of this album so much, honestly even more so than the debut. This album front to back is just so pretty and gorgeous to listen to front to back. It matches the album cover perfectly, feeling like a journey to the bottom of the ocean, seeing skeletal whale carcasses and weird ethereal creatures floating by. This is the Subnautica of emo album, is what I’m tryna get at. But yeah, whatever you do, do NOT listen to this expecting more of “tfgba” sound, as that is not at all present on this album in the slightest. However, the material you will find, should you keep an open mind, will be some of the most rewarding and amazing emo music of the decade. AOTY material for god damn sure! Gonna be hard to beat this one for me.

Best Tracks: ALL
Worst Track: the most satisfying N/A i possibly will ever write on this account.

Track Ratings
11200 / 100
12commatose / 100
13abyss angel / 100
1mo
this album (in my opinion) is a major step up from their debut, and i absolutely loved their debut so this album might end up becoming one of my favorites :)
it's giving brad taste
1mo
Wow. I guess I should really check this out huh.
1mo
Surprised you didn’t die of a stroke while listening tbh
1mo
thanks to you i'm edging listening to this album while working, thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
1mo
Glad to know you didn't died on a stroke
1mo
This is exactly how I felt listening to it. God such an amazing album.
1mo
Wow, no one expected this to get an 100.
1mo
not the subnautica of emo albums lol
1mo
Common hidden in the static w