Denzel Curry - 13LOOD IN + 13LOOD OUT MIXX
Jan 6, 2020
I'll probably do a longer review when it Is on spotify and this is just my first impression but i gotta say, this is really cool. It's supposed to be 7 tracks and an intro but I see this is more of a song than an EP. I could see people being disappointed by the underwritten songs, most of them being just over a minute, but I think it is kind of cool because they all flow seamlessly together. However it is only 13 minutes long which adds to the feeling of this being a song rather than an EP but also makes it feel very brief because I know he wouldn't release an album full of like 3 or 4 tracks like this. Also the features are pretty good however it would have been nice to see them spread out a bit more because most of them are on the first half. Also, they are all very good features, especially Ghostmane and Zilla Kami. The production is pretty raw, especially when it comes to the vocals. It sounds like they were recorded on a phone or a bad quality mic but they have a lot of charm to them. While they are mind of buried in them, I love how they pair with the absolutely crushing set of banger beats. They are all very dark with some heavy bass and sinister synth leads. Every single beat goes so hard. Overall, this is a great little project however I think it would be amazing to see like 3 10 minute plus tracks on 1 album with a large number of features, almost like what we wanted from Jackboys but lo fi and edgy rather than psychedelic.
Stankysauce's Tags