My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
Feb 20, 2019
Decided to take a trip down memory lane and for once I don't regret it! Although not without its flaws, The Black Parade is a really good album and executes its concept really well. To get to my relationship with it, it's just insane to me how I still know every song by heart despite not having heard it in well over a year which for me is both the blink of an eye and a lifetime. It's funny to think that without MCR, I probably wouldn't be into music, at least not in the same way that I am now. Despite already liking Gorillaz, Radiohead, and more, MCR was really the first band that I felt connected to, and despite maybe, just maybe, going through a bit of an obsessive phase (I'm an obsessive person, sue me), it's honestly thanks to that that music has become the focal point of my life. I still remember when I had just gotten into the band and we went on a school trip to Italy (it wasn't as Gucci as it sounds trust me) and on the plain I listened the this album while my friend listened to Blurryface... Without a doubt the worst part of my life, still I've got a huge appreciation for the bands and albums that made me happy during that time (except for Panic!, fricc Panic!). Ok nostalgia hour over.
"A school trip to Italy"
Scuse me but what?!
Feb 20, 2019
the album is a savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned!
Feb 20, 2019
What would you say are the records flaws?
Feb 21, 2019
Syd wtf I also got into them in a school trip to Italy???
Feb 21, 2019
@zach some songs just don't stand out and I think the album as a whole can feel a bit like plastic because of its production.
MiaWatterson