Animal Collective - Fireworks
Apr 3, 2020
Falling in love watching the fireworks with you...

Ok I want to write an actual review for this thing, even though this song is new to me, I have only just heard it tonight but... fuck if it hasn't hit me in the heart. This has got to be Anco's best track period, everything here comes to perfection down to the tiniest guitar lick. Normally I don't pay much attention to lyrics on an Anco song, because a lot of the time they don't make much sense, but here... while they make very little sense on first look, this song makes me feel so fucking happy. The lyrics somehow mean so much to me, by meaning so little at times. Everything about this song is utterly gorgeous and it makes me want to jump up and down and scream these lyrics.

Sitting beside you staring at the sky as the fireworks spark and crackle again, lighting up more than just the sky, I see them light up your eyes as well. Maybe I see your face in the fireworks, they're bright and loud, like you sometimes... heh. I just want to dance around the room with you, as we parade into the night itself, dancing through the walls, through the ceiling, through the night itself. Twirling and swirling into the night itself, falling into the star's as they sing and parade us on. We could fucking die tonight and I wouldn't care! I just want to be with you! Even if it means our fucking deaths!
Falling and falling, into what? A drink, partying all night, throwing those fireworks at the sky, we are those fireworks, we are whatever we want to be, we are the people we are everyday, but at night we can light up the way. We can light up the night ourselves, without the star's help! We can use ourselves, to become the stars. You are my star. You'd be the only light we'd need, you up there, would light a thousand night-skies, nothing could beat it! Nothing at all.

The streets are glowing, the streets are dancing. Each of the streetlamps are swaying along, they're all glowing neon, casting radiation onto the ground, the houses are blue from the borders, the cracks are glowing too! Every crack is glowing! It's like the earth is going to fucking explode! I hope it does! I hope it explodes like a huge firework! And I hope that it's fucking beautiful, I hope it takes us all with it, and we all become little stars in the sky! But you'd be the sun, you'd be the fucking sun! You'd be something bigger, better than the sun, you'd be mine. We'd be suns together maybe, am I worthy to be with you? We'll let the fireworks decide.

I'm not drunk, nor am I high, I'm completely sober, I might be tired, I probably am tired, it is 5 AM, but this song, fills me with energy, fills me with love, it's like a high. This song makes me high! The spirals this song creates, the sparks it makes in the sky! It is a song that rivals Beach Life-in-Death, it's a song that rivals anything I've heard prior to it, it's something that makes me write forever, on and on, about maybe nothing to you, but it all means something to me. Does any of this make sense? Probably not, but fuck, if it doesn't to me. Fireworks couldn't light up my heart more than you do. You are my firework, and you blow up my heart every day. I love you, and thank you.

Maybe we could sit down and watch the fireworks, light up the sky like you lit up my life.
Maybe we could kiss under the lights of the fireworks, let the light consume us and send us into the night sky, where we could stay.
It could be just us, and the stars. We could be constellations that the fireworks dance around.
Maybe... we would just sit and watch the fireworks. That's enough for me, because it let's me be with you, and that's more than enough for me.
Apr 6, 2020
this is very wholesome i like it