Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Aug 29, 2019
I've been hyped for this all fucking year and it's finally here. Was it worth the wait? Yes, yes it was. End of review.

OK real review, this album is really good, I really really like it. It's really everything I want from a Lana album. It starts off really strong with the title track (I think I see a theme here) which is quite a powerful piano ballad with of course Lana's signature sweet vocals. The lyricism here is good, it's nothing utterly amazing but it works well for this album.

Lana has had some,, troubling lyrics in the past, her first album especially had some very iffy lyrics, but she's matured over time, and here we see her at her most mature and boy is it wonderful. This album has some really high highs and some only mediocre lows. This album is what I expected it to be, and that's a good thing. I really really liked this, I liked this over Tool even.

Most of the songs here follow a similar formula, but boy does it nail that formula down to a tea. The only songs that really break this are Venice Bitch (not surprising it's 9 minutes) and Bartender, Bartender is the one I mainly want to talk about, it's an odd track on the list, but it still fits into the album. I didn't like it on first listen, it grew on me. I'd consider it oddly experimental? It doesn't feel like a Lana song but still has that sort of feel to it. Anyway, I like it.

This album makes me oddly nostalgic, for what? I don't really know, but I seem to reminisce on each listen about just life, it feels great honestly. All the songs on here are great, there isn't really a dud on the tracklist, musically it sounds great, lyrically it's great and obviously, Lana's vocals are wonderful, as usual. I don't have much to say here really, apart from this is a really good album, and is dare I say it, better than Titanic Rising, goodnight.

Favourite Tracks: Norman Fucking Rockwell, Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch, Fuck it I love you, Doin' Time, Love Song, Cinnamon Girl, How to Disappear, California, The Next Best American Record, The greatest, Bartender, Happiness is a butterfly, Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me - but I have it
Aug 30, 2019
glad you enjoy, makes me excited to listen eventually!
Aug 30, 2019
I disagree with him but stan my bfs review pls