My Chemical Romance - The Foundations of Decay
A much more mature and dark MCR, one that has aged with its fanbase.
This track feels like a culmination of everything they've done during their time as a band into one 6-minute epic. It's an incredibly noisy and in your face track with elements of plenty of things we've heard throughout MCR's discography.
But this song has something that pretty much the rest of their discography doesn't.

Now bear with me here as this might be slightly weird to explain, but I'm still going to try. This song feels like its aged with the band and its fans. When The Black Parade released in 2005 pretty much all of its fans were teenagers and following that pretty much everyone I know adored albums such as The Black Parade and Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. All of those people now are adults around my age. We've all grown up but still return to these albums because they mean a lot to us. This song feels like MCR has also grown up with us. It still has everything that is amazing about MCR but it feels so much more fitting for our adult lives.
This sounds like what I would have expected The Paper Kingdom to have sounded like.

Comments