The Interrupters - In The Wild
The Interrupters know how to make crowd chanting, soul lifting Punk music and this album does not miss a beat. "Anything Was Better" is an instant crowd pleaser and a perfect album opener. I wasn't fond of "In The Mirror" when it dropped in April but it's an absolute grower, a total banger, and I can't believe I doubted it. "Kiss The Ground" brought a completely different, slower Reggae vibe and is placed perfectly. "Jailbird" picks it right back up from where "In The Mirror" left off and is YET AGAIN another anthem, probably my favourite from the record.
This quartet... Not only do they know how to write and record incredible Ska/Punk music, but they know how to make a track list that flows with no issues. The slower & more chilled songs, while they have the power in the guitars, they are splitting the faster tracks with surgical precision to not make the album feel like any energy is lost. This album is capped off perfectly with "Alien", which is one of Aimee's most beautifully written songs in her career.
Ska Punk is one of my favourite genres of all time and this album is EVERYTHING that I love about it. This album will no doubt increase in score over time. I had so, so much fun with this.