Th1rt3en - A Magnificent Day for an Exorcism
My 1000th Rating YAY!

After 7 Years Pharoahe Monch has returned this time creating a 3 man band with him as the lead vocalist, Marcus Machado as the Guitarist & Daru Jones as the Drummer. I'm not going to lie I'm not well informed about the Rock Genre as a whole I usually stick to my Rap but I decided to make an exception for the legend Pharoahe Monch.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a Rock album nor would I call this a Rap album. It's a even balance imo. However the highlights for me throughout this album was definitely when Pharoahe showcased more of his incredible rapping skills. At 48 Pharoahe still boasts incredible flows & rhyme schemes. His voice is still unique & wacky & while he definitely sounds older & doesn't sound the same as he did 22 years ago with Internal Affairs, his voice is still highly entertaining to listen too.

Pharoahe impressed me a lot with his vocal ability he fits right in with the live band & doesn't for a second sound like he's too far outside of his comfort zone. My main issue with this album is just the Instrumentation sometimes doesn't do it for me, but that could just be me being a Rock Newbie so maybe if I step more into the Rock genre I can possibly appreciate this album more over time because it did amaze me at times.

3 Highlights: Amnesia, Cult 45, Goats Head

Lowlight: Oxygen
Jan 22, 2021
Congratulations on 1000 ratings! :)
Cheers Cry