Ariana Grande - Positions
Oct 30, 2020
AOTY WARS: Attack of the Bots

Now, before any of you butthurt stans walk in and accuse me of being sexist or something, let me just say that I honestly really like some of Ariana’s stuff. I like her “thank u, next” project that she dropped last year, and I do think that she had some decent singles drop from time to time. So Ariana is someone I heavily respect in the current music scene and I see her appeal for most people. HOWEVER, that doesn’t stop me from saying that this album is not good.

Now I will say that there are actually some great cuts on here like the opener “shut up” or the title track “positions” songs that I actually do like and enjoy! But then there some awful moments like “34+35” which is easily one of worst sex songs I’ve heard in a while. Honestly sounds like a Flex Entertainment song trying to parody that topic. Or the painfully boring and average “west side” like, why does this exist we already have like 13 songs just like this on the record?

One thing that I can give this album credit for is the features being pretty damn good, but they’re not really enough to save this project at this point. So yeah, this was not good, and really overall kinda a disappointment from what I know Ariana is capable of.

Best Tracks: shut up, off the table, safety net, positions, pov
Worst Track: 34+35
Good News
Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Kali Uchis
Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.