88rising - Head In The Clouds II
Oct 18, 2019
88Rising disappoints yet again with their second collective release. When I went into this album, I expected it to be pretty boring or just bad. I heard the first Head in the Clouds and while it wasn't horrible, I was disappointed quite a bit and it wasn't a very interesting album at all. This album on the other hand is the first Head in the Clouds but without any of the redeeming qualities. The beats are very one note, the vocal performances from all the artists on the record are very sub-par, the lyrics are not interesting at all and basically everything about this album is uninteresting. In addition to the boredom of this album, the album features the worst song to come out of this label ever, that being Hopscotch. Hopscotch is just a mind-numbing, annoying and unnecessary track that seems to encapsulate the annoying vocals of Hot Shower, the beat of Barbie Tingz and some Future's ear piercing vocals on King's Dead. The song is not good in the slightest and it doesn't help the album at all. Overall this album is just another disappointment to the 88Rising catalogue.

BEST TRACKS: Walking, 2 The Face