KID PHANG - DIRTY BASTARDS
Jan 24, 2020
Kid Phang delivers another solid EP of trap songs but still doesn't hit the highs of his self titled EP. Kid Phang is easily one of my favourites from the Flex Entertainment label because he takes himself seriously and actually has some pretty good tracks like "Colour Code" which is one my favourite singles from last year. When I saw this came out I was pretty excited but still skeptical if he could pull off another self titled level EP. The EP attempts to do exactly what I suspected, but at the same time it doesn't hit the mark. I will give it this that he has improved his sound and he's trying different things out like on the song "Waitin'" which is literally a slow R&B that sounds like a Joji song but at the same none of these songs reach the highs of the last project. Some of the mastering is also considerably worse on songs like "Numbnuts" which is trying to be a distorted aggressive trap song but the bass just doesn't hit hard enough. Overall this is still a decent project, but is no where near the last EP.

BEST TRACKS: Nascar, Waitin'

WORST TRACKS: Numbnuts