Various Artists - Flex Gang, Vol. 2
Jul 3, 2020
Flex Entertainment delivers one of the best hip hop compilations I have heard in a while. Most compilation albums I've heard suffer from a few things. Those things are usually a lack of cohesiveness, too much filler, lack of vision and basically underwhelming songs. With this compilation though, Flex really found a way to make everything work together even though there's so many different kind of genres here like Alt R&B and full on trap metal at some point. The album really feels like it has a crescendo from some calmer bangers, to some full on trap metal and then waining down into Alt R&B songs that can hit anyone in the feels. Pretty much all the artists I heard on here improved in some way from the previous songs I've heard from them. Submarine Man actually sounds listenable and makes a pretty interesting trap metal song, Lil Mosquito expands his range from just screaming over trap beats into singing as well, Travis Scotch refines his comedy a bit more to the point I can really laugh to his stuff and Kid Phang just keeps getting better and better. They even managed to make a 7 minute song not sound boring which was a real surprise for me. The 2 last tracks on this thing though is probably the best material Flex has ever put out with these 2 Alternative R&B songs that really sound professional. I'm just amazed at how this label that made some of my lowest rated albums managed to put this together. Overall I'm very impressed by their effort on this tape and I can't wait to see what they come out with next.

BEST TRACKS: Just for Show, King of the Clowns, Facts no Fiction, I Am a Rockstar, Nipples 2, You Know, No Words

WORST TRACKS: On the Regular, Dub (I Took One)
TheDankestMeme's Tags