Alfie Templeman - Forever Isn't Long Enough
May 28, 2021
Clocking in at 8 tracks and 30 minutes long, Alfie Templeman’s debut album is a short but sweet pop confection. Templeman flexes his multi-instrumental and production skills to create an enjoyable experience even if the sound he’s going for is little derivative at this point. Strong rhythmic bass lines are the anchor that hold down tracks like “Shady” and the title track. The incredibly funky “Wait, I Lied” is one of my personal favourites here; Templeman shows off a subtle falsetto throughout, complementing the bouncy rhythms and slick riffs. “Everybody’s Gonna Love Somebody” is a chill synthpop song which incorporates the familiar shuffle of Tears For Fears “Everybody Wants To Rule The World” with a touch of faint saxophone in the background to really set the mood. The final track on here “One More Day” does kind of bring things down a little for me. It’s a decent bedroom pop and trip-hop tinged track featuring some nice background vocals from April, but it really sticks out as it is the only track on here that doesn’t follow the throwback aesthetic of most of the album.

👍: Forever Isn’t Long Enough | Wait, I Lied | Everybody’s Gonna Love Somebody