Kanye West - JESUS IS KING
Oct 25, 2019 (updated Oct 25, 2019)
JOKES ON YOU!
THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT AN 100
Here is the actual review,

[Edit: Selah and a couple of the other songs are actually growing on me...I think if it was longer and featured even more topics my rating would definitely be higher.]

I can’t help but applaud Kanye for his sincerity and ambition in this sudden shift to Christian-centric music, this was an immensely bold action. As a Christian myself, it is cool to see someone with such societal status as himself essentially quit his former ways and follow Christ, even if it means it might destroy his entire career.

Kanye essentially embraced the Christian-rapper ethos. Personally I find Christian rap not very compelling and honestly cheesy, and definitely doesn’t help me grow in my walk. I actually find much beauty and sincerity in a lot of the secular albums I review. I believe Kanye should have taken the “Christian-Who-Raps” direction instead of the abrupt action of shoving Christianity down our throats in an unpleasant manner, especially with the enormous load of half-baked and unfinished ideas presented here. Essentially my main problem with this album is, I agree with a lot of the points here, but honestly the execution was very poor. Instead of stunning his massive fan base with purely christian topics, he should have done half and half, which looks like in my opinion including a couple of tracks concerning his recent conversion but also have some other tracks that were about other topics (albeit pure topics) that would retain the interest of his fans. However the better tracks presented here overshadow many of the weaker spots, such as Selah, Follow God, etc.

What we got in the end unfortunately is a very rushed and thrown together collection of tracks that have turned people off with its sloppy production and occasionally cheesy lyrics which instead could have gotten people interested in Christianity.

Thank you for reading!
It's been out for like 20 minutes
Oct 25, 2019
bro it just came out wyd?
Oct 25, 2019
I think you have to hear an album entirely more than once to know if it's perfect
Oct 25, 2019
I'm glad you told us this was your first 100 or else I would have assumed you were easy to please!
Oct 25, 2019
Kanye invented gospel music thank you Kanye very cool
Oct 25, 2019
or, how to lose all credibility in three sentences
Oct 25, 2019
well that was a lazy review that took no effort outside trying to figure out how to make it sound as fanboyish as possible without making it blatantly obvious
Oct 25, 2019
not saying this cant be a 100 for you, but the album's been out for not even a day
Oct 25, 2019
All jokes aside, check out the “Real” review
Dang he got u
WOWWWWW HAHAHAHA
You're brilliant.
Oct 25, 2019
it's almost like christian rap was made for money and not for your walk with Christ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Oct 25, 2019
@One_ unfortunately so ๐Ÿ˜”
Oct 25, 2019
ok i was bout to go dumb
Oct 27, 2019