Denzel Curry - 13LOOD IN + 13LOOD OUT MIXX
Jan 7, 2020 (updated Jan 7, 2020)
Sometimes the best projects are the projects you don’t expect coming, the element of surprise really aids in a musical experience. In this case Denzel Curry and his cohorts came through with a batch of instrumentally lo-fi but lyrically fiery eight tracks. I was very intrigued with Denzels combination of hardcore music with hip-hop, in which he did a couple of covers last year, and I was pleased to see him carry that through over on his next project 13OOD IN. I also enjoyed the grimy aesthetic with the numerous guest features that really complimented Denzel and his delivery. While a bit inconsistent and sloppy in its overall execution, there are some unique moments on this thing, such as production choices and feature highlights. Nevertheless Denzel Curry is on to something, utilizing this style of Hip-Hop with its dark atmospheres and explosive performances, it is in general a progression for Hip-Hop that will be very interesting to see exactly how it will pan out. In the meantime this YouTube exclusive has me pumped for what he will do with an album length with this material.
Comments