Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez, See Your Future
Aug 5, 2022
Now I know I'm not one to stay up to date on new releases but today's an exception. After Denzel's incredible release in TA13OO, I was curious to see if his newest release was even better. I did have my doubts since TA13OO was already so good and my doubts were confirmed.

Something about Melt My Eyez, See Your Future does not resonate with me the same way his previous project did. The rapping is still really good with more introspection and thoughtfulness but the production is generally less compelling.

TA13OO had banger after banger, unlike this album. Don't get me wrong, there are some bangers here but there are also some tracks I find painfully uninteresting.

I don't know but this album just feels like it's missing a bit of oomph. There's nothing that really makes me feel emotional and only a few tracks get me hype. I know there are more emotions with music that exist but I think my point still stands.

Since this is such a new album and feelings can change, maybe I'll come back to re-review this but as it stands right now, this does not hold a candle to his past effort.

Favorite Tracks: Worst Comes To Worst, Troubles, X-Wing, Zatoichi