Ween - Pure Guava
Nov 22, 2019
Excuse me?

Pure Guava is Ween's final album before hitting a professional studio, creating Chocolate And Cheese. This album has to be one of the weirdest albums I've ever heard. This is experimental in a way I've never heard. With distorted vocals, almost unsettling instrumentals, and absurd lyrics this album is a weird ass trip.

From catchy yet distorted pop songs to literally just noise this album hits a lot of spots. The album is loaded with 19 songs, some of which are memorable, either for their absolute absurdity or because they're genuinely good. A good chunk of this album, although, is forgettable in its own strangeness.

Still, this album was quite creative and whether the aesthetic was on purpose it doesn't really matter. I just wish some tracks were cut, because some tracks were great but the other tracks only made it a chore to get to the tracks I loved. Although this may not be my most enjoyable experiences with a Ween album it is definitely one of the most interestingly surreal.

Favorite Tracks: Push Th' Little Dasies, Reggaejunkiejew, Pumpin' 4 The Man, Sarah, I Saw Gener Cryin' In His Sleep
Comments