I ain't gonna lie here. I only checked this out because of the praise Pitchfork gave it. I probably should've waited till more critic scores came in before just diving into it, but I was looking for something new and refreshing, and I've heard Polo G's name get mentioned quite a bit in the conversation of newer rappers.

I actually thought from the first song, Lost Files, that this thing I was going to love. This had the energy it needed. The perfect way to just come in with aggression to start this mixtape. I was however concerned about how he would keep this momentum up throughout this project. It's tough to maintain this throughout a 14 track mixtape, so does he? He didn't even fucking try. Holy shit, this was such a let down. When Dyin Breed came on I thought "not as good, but you can still bounce back", then that same thought happened on Through Da Storm and every track that followed, until the half way mark when I realised that this was going to be the usual sleepy struggle bars rap, with cheap generic trap production. I actually think that by the time Lil Baby and Gunna show up on the closer, they actually manage to outshine Polo G, and I'm not a fan of either whatsoever.

In conclusion, I wasted 41 minutes of my life.
something is wrong with and your ears, your one of those people that just listen to beats. dont ever review anything you have no taste
it's his debut album and gets rated 8.3 on pitchfork, unbelievable, i guess he didnt try
Kanye