I usually don't like to spend time shitting on other people's reviews inside of my own review, but Pitchfork's review of this album is one of their worst and has aged terribly. This is quite a difficult album to get into, especially with it's cheap mixing, but it makes for a wild experience. I'd even go as far to say that there's misunderstood genius in this album. Obviously, it's alright to not like an album, even hate it, but discrediting its artistic merit by using learning disabilities as insults is not the way to go about things.

Also, off topic, but from what I'm reading, I believe Phil Elverum was the drummer here, or at least the drummer of this band at one point. If someone could confirm this that would be great.
Aug 7, 2019
Phil Elverum was the drummer of OTR between 1998 and 2002, I think. He is on this record. Apparently Pitchfork hired annoying 16-year old boys to write reviews for them back in the day.
HEY I SAW THIS ON TWITTER🗿🗿
Aug 7, 2019
It's cool, brah. P4k needs to be put in their place sometimes. We can make our own taste from here.
erik