Caroline Polachek - Pang
Oct 18, 2019
Ms. Polachek's experience in radio pop sensibilities shouldn't deter passersby from her genre accepting sound, but it also shouldn't over exaggerate the simplicity of her work either. She strikes a fine line between unconventional and accessible veneer. What, with her (albiet light) touches of ambient, acoustics and glitch pop. Her vocal work is fine and dandy, nothing I could nit pick, but it's really the production table that gives her a leg up. (A good speaker listen, but an even better headphone listen!) Especially in a genre like indie pop, where, it's incredibly difficult to stand out in an over populated crowd. The title track is especially sublime for reasons I've already stated, but its as perfectly baked of a track as she could have achieved, if you ask me. I don't not love one second of that song, goodness gracious!

That said, she definitely wears the influences of her past collaborations, as well the people helping to produce her album. I'm far from the first person to make comparisons to A. G. Cook, who unsurprisingly had a hand in the conception of this record, but it should be stated anyways. As his presense will undoubtedly stick out to anyone familiar with his work.(A shout out to Radio Tank Mix while we're at it.) Let's be considerate though. How does the sound fit her? Well, it's a little too snug, but it'll work. A little more color would look absolutely splendid on you, dear! I'm curious to see what else lies in her wardrobe though. A (somewhat) harmless, clean outing, but call me intrigued. From my view, I'd say it's consistently enjoyable from start to finish, but I wouldn't mind a little more sting in whatever she decides to do next.
Comments
FKA twigs
MAGDALENE
Kanye West - JESUS IS KING
JESUS IS KING
Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Lana Del Rey