Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
Jan 2, 2019
A few years ago I had a conversation with my mom once about The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I asked her why she liked her newer stuff more than the classics. She replied: "Because over the years I've seen them have kids, get married and mature. And I can really feel that overall emotion in their newer stuff."

I've always enjoyed this album, but I think to some degree people look at it the wrong way. It's not an avant garde beast like their first two albums. With that said I do think the best thing in this album is probably the most overlooked. The lyrics. I think because "psychedelia" is involved I think most people jump to the conclusion that it's ALL about drugs. Don't get me wrong, I do think this album has those moments, but I don't think it's the primary focus lyrically. After some reading it turns out a lot of this album is actually about the member's wives and kids (most notably Panda Bear on 'My Girls')

Imagine Panda Bear being your dad?

I ended up listening to an entirely different record recently. Feels will probably by my favorite Animal Collective album from a technical standpoint, but I love every second of this album! Almost as if I was I was missing a piece of this album. The lyrics are just so bubbly, bouncy and silly like the album itself. Perfect synergy if you ask me! Maybe I read too much into lyrics. But that's what I get out of this record. I can't wipe this big smile off my face. I don't think I can name another record that can make me feel warm one moment and get goosebumps the next.
Jan 3, 2019
Siento lo mismo al escuchar my girls
Es un disco energético y esencial
Jan 3, 2019
¡Convenido! A debe escuchar con seguridad! Ojalá algún día puedo estar en sus zapatos. jaja!
soy plátano
Jan 3, 2019
i'm actually really intrigued by that perception of the album because i never even thought about looking at it this way, will definitley keep this in mind when i listen to it again :D
Jan 3, 2019
(I am banana?) Oh snap! Tell me what ya think whenever you do! The children at amino miss you and your always amazing puns btw
Jan 4, 2019
(yes) and i definitely will! I miss the amino children too uwuwu
Jan 4, 2019
UWUWUWUWU
Jan 6, 2019
Congrats on getting it on vinyl
Jan 6, 2019