Help Support AOTY
Arcade Fire - Funeral
UUUHHHH OOOOOOH

Unsurprisingly, this was one of the first indie albums I listened to and quite a lot! Over the years its grown off me quite a bit. The best moments have a lot of heart and paint vivid imagery of intamacy in my head. Especially 'Neighborhood #2' and 'Une année sans lumière' which may be some two of my all time favorite songs ever recorded! After that I feel like I'm just tolerating Win Butler and melodrama in the lyrics. 'Wake Up' to me is just glorified millennial whooping for indie kids. Overall I really enjoy half of this album while I groan at the other half. Is it important? Of course and it deserves a listen, but I don't see what makes this so special. At least not anymore.
;w;
I'm sowwy aawon ; _ ;
</3
I cri ;-;-;
NUUUUUUUUUUUU
Mar 14, 2019
you have hurt and betrayed us for the last time
Mar 14, 2019
yeah I think it's overrated too
Mar 15, 2019
tag team match, me and amw gonna fuck you both up.
No pls no
I'LL TAKE YOU ON IN SMASH BROS
LET'S GO BRUH
Mar 17, 2019
Uhhh Tunnels is a fantastic tune.
HELL YES IT IS
OOHOOHOOHOWOOOHOOO
DINGDINDINGDING
Hot take: The Suburbs and Neon Bible are far better than this album for me
Mar 17, 2019
Lord Cooper, I have to agree with you! Why i don't already own those two on vinyl is beyond me, but I've found so much replay value...well at least for me personally lol
Oh I'm just not hot on Arcade Fire in general
Mar 18, 2019
One of those bands I enjoy, but don't see the hype in
(Cough cough CSH cough cough)
Mar 18, 2019
This is an album I pretty much never listen to anymore, and I still listen to the 3 follow ups on a semi regular basis, but I still feel the need to score it the highest of the 4. Guess it’s about the influence it had on me when it came out.
Mar 18, 2019
I can see that and honestly...same? I do that more often than not in all honesty haha! I think The Suburbs and Neon Bible just had a bigger impact on me personally. Still, I give this record a spin once or twice a year and I'm occasionally transported back to my freshman year... strange.
sirgordonzola