Lauryn Hill - MTV Unplugged No. 2.0
Sep 18, 2022
The hate for this album is seriously out of pocket

This is far, FAR from the worst thing I've heard, it's not even bad, one dimensional instrumentaly? Yes, too long? Yes but that's it really, the singing is decent, the rapping is good, the acoustic instrumentals while being one dimensional does sound beautiful, lyrics in my opinion are taken completely out of context and people who crap on this album are being way too reactionary to specific lines that she said (I blame that Todd video for it), I'm sorry but in no world is this album a 0 it just doesn't make sense, there's beauty in this album regardless of whether you agree with Lauryn or not. I don't understand the criticism of the album being pretentious as well, this album is anything but pretentious, it had moments of joy and moments of sorrow and just her talking about her religious beliefs, how she interpret it and her sharing it, that isn't pretentious at all, its sticking to what you believe and in the current world that looks down on religious beliefs since a lot of it doesn't align with the current mindset of the world, her talking about it in this album is brave even if I don't agree with everything she's saying.

This album is the perfect example of not taking a score at face value, this score really does a disservice to what really lies in this album. This album is more than just a few words that people like to nitpick.

Comments