Strawbs - From the Witchwood
Aug 13, 2020
๐“ฃ๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ญ ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฐ ๐“ฃ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ
๐“”๐“น๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ญ๐“ฎ ๐“•๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป

This album is very...ok I'm just going to get this out of the way, this is a Genesis album. Yes I know it came out before Foxtrot, my point still stands that this is genesis. And I mean, I'm not MAD about that fact. I kinda like Genesis. I think that their kinda "uwu quirky medival" style gets a little irritating and their songs go on for longer than they need too, but when they get good they get real good.

And the same applies to this album. There's cool sitars, they're twinkly pianos, cool shit like that. The lead singer doing this Peter Gabriel impression is a little annoying because of how fake it sounds, but it you get used to it. Honestly the biggest problem with this album is how little "standout lyrics" there are. From what I've heard from Genesis, the best moments are when the music swells and you get that HELLO BABY type thing. And this album doesn't really have that. It just kinda keeps going and going and going, rolling up whimsy like some kinda wizard Karamari.

That's pretty much all there is too it. It's a bit too long, it's a bit too much, still a good album. Should I say that it's....BERRY GOOD. HA! I'M FUNNY!
Aug 14, 2020
I hate genesis. God should never have made us.
Joji - Nectar