Blaine & Boyd Cornwell - He's Still Working On Me
Alright story time.
Through one way or another this record ended up in my vinyl collection. There is almost no trace of its existence online. I had to take the cover photo myself (sorry for doing such a shitty job btw.) Anyway, from the official website of these brothers

"Blaine and Boyd Cornwell are twin brothers born in Athens, Ohio. The Cornwells work very effectively in an evangelistic ministry combining team preaching, singing and song leading. Their goal is to combine their special talents with those in the church for the purpose of encouraging the saints and saving the lost."

For some reason, this release is not listed. The label on the back reads "Crusade" as the publisher. Discogs calls them: a"US evangelical christian label from Flora Illinois." Using the publish date I can assume this was made in the late 70's. But really I just put the date because I hate empty dates.

As for the album all seems like the normal evangelical type stuff UNTIL Track number 4: "Oh Buddha" From what I can find this is a fairly popular church song that's been passed along to hundreds of artists. Now, is this a call for peace? A proclamation of god's love? Ahem, from the chorus:

"Well, Old Buddha was a man and I'm sure that he meant well
But I pray for his disciples lest they wind up in hell
And I'm sure that old Mohammed thought he knew the way
But it won't be Hare Krishna we stand before on The Judgment Day"

HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HELL! These smug ass little church boys straight up saying Gautama went to hell! But it keeps going:

"Well, you can call yourself a Baptist and not be born again
A Presbyterian or a Methodist and still die in your sin
You can even be Charismatic shout and dance and jump a pew
But if you hate your brother you won't be one of The Chosen Few"

May I remind you that this song has HUNDREDS OF COVERS! Seriously, look it up. THERE HAVE BEEN HUNDREDS OF COVERS OF THIS WACKY ASS SHIT.

Fuck you Cornwells, fuck you and your stupid ass matching haircuts.
They are gay!
For each other!
@JoaoSantos 👏More👏Racist👏Christian👏Gay👏Southerner👏Incest👏Representation👏
Apr 20, 2019
I wonder when buddha will fire back
Apr 20, 2019
@ThrowBackGmac Gautama Ft. Brahma "Jesus talked to much."
Injury Reserve - Injury Reserve