Ed Schrader's Music Beat - Jazz Mind
Jan 24, 2021
【In a Panic 2】

Before I start the review, I know it's kinda abnormal but I worked really hard on this and would prefer if you read that rather than this: https://www.albumoftheyear.org/user/toasterqueen12/album/187020-drunk-and-hot-girls/

What genre of music even is this? Bad? Easily dislikable? Man screaming nonsense in the most echo-y room ever created?

This is one of those albums where I can not understand the appeal for... anyone. I can not picture who would be a fan of this. Pipe I guess but that's not a demographic. It's too acoustic to be metal, it's too rock focused to be avent-folk, the lyrics aren't good enough to be spoken word. What's the point? What is the actual point of this album except say a bunch of rando upsetting imagry.

Unpleasant. A very unpleasant album. Which whole most likely being the intention, is not one that I really respect enough to celebrate it achieving it's goal. If your only purpose in your music is to piss people off and make them uncomfortable...well how is that any different than your average Flex Entertainment rapper?

"Hey Toaster did you just compare this post-punk album to meme rap made by kids?" Yes I did what are you going to do about it shoot me?
Jan 24, 2021
CARNAGE
Julien Baker - Little Oblivions
Julien Baker
Little Oblivions
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.