ONE WHOLE YEAR OF AOTD!
Formed sometime in May, the server was originally created to talk about AOTY drama away from the old MVP (rip) server. Well I guess people really likes being dramatic because AOTD quickly overtook MVP and as far as I'm concerned is THE AOTY server. But I didn't want it to just be a server so I had the idea to make it a server where everyday we would listen and promote a new AOTY musician. Unfortunately there just wasn't that many so instead we turned to promoting music under five ratings, then music from around the world, and eventually whatever the hell we wanted. I've been working on it the whole way. The lineups, the server icons, the polls, the announcements. Everything. I love organizing things and events, my brain is very data-centric. So doing this for a year, nonstop organization and planning. It really has been fun for me.
Of course I have to thank the AOTD crew. Especially CLJesse. Someone who even though I almost completely disagree with all her music opinions, she has been a really good friend. As well, as someone who has stuck with doing the AOTD in moments nobody else has. It is a bit disheartening to put all this work into planning and see like three people doing it at times, but also, I've found some of my favorite albums through doing AOTD. Hope by Klaatu, First Band on the Moon by the Cardigans, 💜 by Left at London. So just to celebrate this one year anniversary, here's a one to two sentence review of every single AOTD album so far. It's almost 300 albums at the time of writing so it's a lot of writing, but nevertheless, I'm committed.
AOTD CHALLENGE 1: AOTY DAYS
Theme: Music made by AOTY users
1. We Are Only Human Once - Withering (Or, Songs of Yore)
Addie's best work yet as it takes you on a ride of emotion and learning to accept yourself.
2. Bvrtxk - unceasing_dismay
A great mix of "this is awesome" and "ah spooke!"
3. Ryan Benis - Goof
Ryan has clearly made better work since this project but idk I still have a soft spot it.
4. Hermann Holsgr - Virtuell Weltanschauung
Now that's some high quality noisy grrrr angry music!
5. ルーシー LUCY - Four EP
It's a shame everyone hates this album now cuz I still like those sax solos lolol.
6. Lil Karat Stixx - HOLY CRAP MY ROOM IS ON FIRE
This album single handed CANCELLED CANCELLING WOOO FEET ARE THE BEST!
7. Spiral Curse - Recordings from the Monster's Closet [Demo EP]
It's very unfinished sounding but the promise is very clearly vivisible.
8. Amazing Blizzard - Circles
It's just very dry sounding, listen to The Abnormal Straits ininstead.
9. Motha - the sky is quite pretty today
An absolutely delightful little ambient project that came out of nowhere cuz Motha was making like Hot Shower covers a few weeks earlier.
10. Knewnie - my only good jokes
So is that Drake album still coming out or…..
11. Ken M - Climb
Fear and Hospital are up there as some of my favorite user-made tracks and the rest of the album is pretty good
12. Yung Schmoobin - Eat, Sleep, Flex, Repeat
I get that is been tainted by everything that's happened down to the Tobuscus intro, and I don't care cuz I still find it funny.
13. The Dankest Meme - DANK
Do you ever want to get taken back to 2017? Well idk why you'd want that but here you go here's the worst aged album ever created.
14. Avenade - Not Only Does It Suck, but It Also Isn't Real
Inside Voices is my favorite Avenade song which is very good news because there's only two songs on this thing.
15. RockGati - The Ordinary
Bluebirds is such a good song but you should definitely check out Every Aardvark Drinks Green Beer Everyday before this.
16. LILNEDBIGBY - DECLASSIFIED
If the album got deleted because the musician themselves was so embarrassed by it, it's fair to say you don't have to care about this.
17. KID PHANG - Kid Phang
I wasted one of my best reviews on this piece of trash
18. Vale-Smith - Are You Sick Of Being Unlucky?
I don't get it tbh, just sounds very monotonous to me.
19. Oh - Sometimes I Wish to Be a Clover
SEND HELP OH HAS ME TRAPPED IN THEIR BASEMENT THIS ISN'T A JOKE OH GOD THEY'RE COMING!
20. Agv - Crawl
…..I mean say what you will, can't deny it's pretty iconic.
21. B. The Leo - The Champ
It's weird reminiceing about these people I used to talk to...I wonder how they're doing…………….oh btw this slaps.
22. L.F.F - L.F.F
Cover is badass, concept is badass, music could use some work.
23. KnifeTrick - Outside
Cute :) sounds like a Vidya Game.
24. Lemuriams - City Limits
MORE LIKE SHITTY LIMITS HAHAHAHAHA this is decent.
25. Oreox4 - Halloween Came Early II
Halloween came early! Now I'd like it to leave.
26. Nick Fleece - Aeonian Aberration
That ten minutes of silence was really necessary thanks for including it.
27. E.M.B.E.E - Devils Night Vol. 1
Nowhere near the best beats out there but it's a short little project so I'm ultimately ok with it.
28. Ryan Kenny - Another Dimension
Some more really nice ambient hey what happened to all the ambient musicians on this site? Why are they all making like drum and bass now?
29. Chees CRCKR - Bad Sounds
GOT THAT ONE RIGHT *slaps knees* YEEEEEEHAW!
30. ALEPH(알레프) - Aleph
Usually I appreciate you and your thoughts in this community but God this was a dick review.
31. KING CHROMATIC - Beta 1
Every single song on here is stolen. By that measure this is even worse than Crawl because it's not an album.
AOTD CHALLENGE 2: UNDA5 DAYS
Theme: Albums under 5 ratings
32. Jawbox - Grippe
A whole lot of too much while also a whole lot of nothing at all.
33. Left At London - 💜
Probably my all time favorite EP ever made. Every song works to tell this tragic story of death as well as just sounding astounding.
34. Today Is The Day - Supernova
Idk I like the advertisement samples I guess.
35. Al-Namrood - Diaji Al Joor
Besides the inherent novelty in Saudia Arabian black metal this album just is a perfect example of folk metal and one of my favorites of the genre.
36. Núria Graham - Bird Eyes
Beautiful and tender plus full of sex jams for people who listen to Björk.
37. Poison The Well - Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
It's metalcore alright... that's not an insult I like metalcore.
38. The Sound Of Animals Fighting - Tiger and the Duke
Was this album made by an actual bunch of fighting Bonobo Chimpanzees?
39. Whipping Boy - I Think I Miss You
Shoegaze for truckers who live off a diet of Waffle House and cigarettes.
40. Shojoskip - Cosodorokitsune
Why does all shoegaze have to sound like it was recorded in a wind tunnel?
41. Mall Music Muzak - Mall Of 1974
Make sure to read Pipepanic's book if you choose to listen:
42. Isabella James - Climbing Mt. Zion
Maybe it really is just me, but this album has me breaking down everytime I listen thinking about what it means to be trans.
43. 17歳とベルリンの壁 - Reflect
Shoegaze but groovy. Groovegaze?
44. Chris Knox - Polyfoto Duck Shaped Pain
You can just rattle weird-ass new wave in front of my face and I'd eat it up every time.
45. Taco - After Eight
This album is bad but it's real lucky that I have awful taste. If you're blue and you don't know where to go...
46. Kiss Kiss - The Meek Shall Inherit What's Left
While I do prefer Reality Vs. the Optimist this is also quite fun.
47. Oh No! Yoko - PAU PAU
I would probably hate this if I re-listened but I'm a lazy critic and I'm not going to.
48. The Foundations - The Foundations
all my homies hate AllMusic.
49. Gyrotron - The Essential GYROTRON
If it was just the last two tracks I might have given this an 80 for being a simply great mashup album but it's not, it's just not.
50. Marital Roles - Fall Demo
Four delightful tracks of screamy screams ah ah ah!
51. 豊平区民Toyohirakumin - Music in the Air
This is the rhythm of the night? My life..oh yeah.
52. Wee - You Can Fly on My Aeroplane
Surprised some airline company hasn't used the title track in a shitty commercial yet. Don't give them any ideas tho I don't want that amazing song ruined for me.
53. Nito - N I T O
You're just mad I can do things with my guitar that you could never do. So yeah you're gay *plays beautiful acoustic music.*
54. Goodbye To Gravity - Mantras of war
Really unfortunate cover art considering what happened to the band.
55. Mwenso And The Shakes - Emergence [The Process of Coming Into Being]
Why is this a live album? It didn't need to be a live album.
56. Web - I Spider
Even as a prog rock whore this is a fairly weak outing.
57. Blue Magic - Thirteen Blue Magic Lane
It's goofy horror and sci-fi themed Disco, I'm legally required to love it.
58. Mother Evergreen - Mother Evergreen
I legit don't remember a single thing about this album; it was so boring.
59. The Beat Buttons - The Beat Buttons
60. Dog Faced Hermans - Humans Fly
AHHAHAHAHHAHAH SHIT ASS FUCK ASS!!! *CLOWN HORN*
61. SINSINK - WTFRU
Really no other way to describe this besides cringe.
62. Aviv Geffen - The Letter
POLKA TIME LET'S JAM! דו טאנצט נאך?
AOTD CHALLENGE 3: FLIGHT DAYS
Theme: Each artist is from a different country as we go around the globe.
63. Marcia Aitken - Reggae Impact
A pretty good reggae album that unfortunately has the classic "I'm Still In Love" which dwarfs every other song in comparison.
64. Kalakan - Kalakan
Sorry but if I disliked this my Basque family would disown me.
65. Sigur Rós - ()
…..I don't get it.
66. Camille - Ouï
The Ratatouille lady also has a pretty good album to her name.
67. Toots Thielemans - Chiko's Bar
10/10 cover combined with a largely unimpressive album.
68. Knez - Otrov i med
"WE HAVE YOU SURROUNDED, YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO EUROVISION!" "I HATE THE ANTICHRIST I HATE THE ANTICHRIST!"
69. Orchestre El Gusto - El Gusto
I love this shit so much, almost reminds me of an Algerian Buena Vista Social Club.
70. Falz - Moral Instruction
It's rapping over Fela Kuti songs of course it's gonna be cool.
71. George Sawaya Trio - Arabic Songs of Lebanon and Egypt
72. Ramzi Aburedwan - Reflections Of Palestine
A beautiful showcase of the history of Palestinan music.
73. Ziad Rahbani - Bema Enno.
This one is basically identical to Reflections of Palestine but if it ain't broke…
74. Chaartaar - Darya Kojast?
75. Junoon - Azadi
The perfect Soundtrack to traveling across the desert in a busted van.
76. Familia Perkalaba - #ґазззууу!
More rock music should feature a funny little tiny man say "la la la la la la la" it'd improve the genre.
77. Siekiera - Nowa Aleksandria
*Tries to think of a polish joke about Black Country New Road*
78. Tommy Cash - Euroz Dollaz Yeniz
Reminds me of that imaginary memory I have of sneaking into a Russian Discotheque.
79. Erlend Øye - Unrest
Crazy how this guy has made one Of my all time favorite songs as well as nothing else of note.
80. Shinsei Kamattechan - Tsumanne
"i want to die" -fuyuyuki
81. Fei Yu-Ching - 天之大
Boring³ but w/ funny eggman song
82. Forests - Spending Eternity In A Japanese Convenience Store
How dare you pander to my tastes! It's illegal to make an album I like!
83. George Telek - Lukaut
Ahh it's a scary tiger AHHHHHH!!
84. Patea Maori Club - Poi E
I wish the album was in anyway reflective of the cover ft. lizard people emu ranchers.
85. Los Jaivas - Canción del sur
This folk album is going pretty well, alright bring out the church organ it's time to make it prog.
86. Las Mosquitas - Cuatro Mosquitas
Why do I like this so much? Why do these bug ladies haunt me so?
87. Novos Baianos - Novos Baianos F.C.
Novos Baianos once again proving how Brazil and MPB remain unmatched in terms of getting me absolutely in my feels.
88. Simon Diaz - Simón Díaz Mis Tonadas & 16 Grandes Éxitos
This one goes out to my grandpa! These boring tunes are for you!
89. Ondatrópica - Ondatrópica
¡Cerdos de guerra del sábado negro!
90. Trío Aguilillas - Sones of Mexico
There is just something so inherently human about these old low quality recordings probably made by this band just to show the music of their tiny village.
91. Shake Keane - Rising Stars
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi *bangs on a steel drum*
92. Klaatu - Hope
Probably the greatest prog rock album ever made, a psychedelic journey through space "We're Off You Know" is easily the greatest intro to any album ever.
93. Plume π Cassonade - Pommes de route
AOTD CHALLENGE 4: MY10 DAYS
Theme: Albums different AOTY users have given a 100
94. Strapping Young Lad - City
I just don't like Devin Townsend that much, The New Black is good though.
95. Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots
This Damon Albarn guy might make good music or something like that idk it's weird!!
96. Lemon Demon - Spirit Phone
Honestly, THE pop album of the 2010s. Nothing captures the feels and energy of zoomer culture better than this album.
97. John Williams - Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Ayyy sta waaars palpatine da daaaark sideee ayyyyy!
98. Getatchew Mekurya & The Ex - Moa Anbessa
Some pretty good jazz rock hailing straight out of Ethiopia.
99. Merzbow - Dharma
Sadly I prefer my Merzbow EEEEEEAZHDHDZHZHZGDHDKFIDIJS AHAHAHHHHGHHHGHHHH rather than eeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEeeeeeEeeeEeeeEEEE.
100. Faye Wong - Fuzao
Sensational dream pop that delivers this overwhelming sensation of tranquility.
101. Say Anything - ...Is a Real Boy
I don't get it Pt. ⅓
102. Mineral - The Power of Failing
I don't get it 2, confusion takes New York!
103. mewithoutYou - [A→B] Life
I don't get it3! Bride of confusion!
104. Three Days Grace - One-X
>TFW you can't escape this hell and too many times you've tried.
105. The Fall Of Troy - Manipulator
As far as Male Manipulator music goes, this slaps real hard.
106. Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Moanin'
Despite being a classic it's never been one of my personal favorite jazz albums from that era.
107. Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory
This is some great background music for all those times I see a visage of my past life in my dream and then an evil therapist tries to kill me!
108. The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About
The title is a lie.
109. Nothing More - The Stories We Tell Ourselves
I have ape brain and if you scream loud enough you're bound to get my attention.
110. The World Is a Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Whenever, If Ever
Damn, I gave a lot of controversial opinions on this challenge, I didn't mean to! That's just how it played out!
111. Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops
These albums are just really bland! I don't get the appeal of them if they're going to be this dull!
112. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery
Benny the Bouncer still makes me smile like a mf.
113. Steely Dan - Gaucho
Pre-Aja Steely Dan: One of my all time favorite bands
Post-Aja Steely Dan: Ehhhh not so much.
114. Akiko Yano - Tadaima
IMO pop music gets 1000 times better when you can't understand what the singer is saying and you can allow yourself to just dissolve into the sound.
115. Ravi Shankar - Live at Monterey International Pop Festival
Fairly dull but the introduction by Ravi at the start of the concert is quite cute.
116. 諏訪根自子 [Nejiko Suwa] - 諏訪根自子の芸術 (Suwa Nejiko no Geijutsu): Early Recordings 1933-1935
My favorite traditional classical album of all time, nothing else out there is as richly textured, as emotionally fulfilling, and has chosen a better selection of songs than this.
117. No Use for a Name - The Feel Good Record of the Year
You would think that people have had enough of silly pop punk. Some people want to fill the world, with silly pop punk.
118. Randy Newman - Monsters, Inc.
Pixar movies across the board just have damn good soundtracks and this is no exception.
119. Katie Dey - Flood Network
Great album to overdose to Estrogen while listening.
120. Archy Marshall - A New Place 2 Drown
Pretty King CRUEL to make me hear you rap.
121. Disasterpeace - It Follows
There's just better electronic horror scores out there.
122. death's dynamic shroud.wmv - I'll Try Living Like This
Too rough and glitchy sounding for me to really get invested in it's vaporwave sound.
123. Machine Girl - …BECAUSE I’M YOUNG ARROGANT AND HATE EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR
FUCK YOU *800 samples play at once*!
124. El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
It's just not as good as RTJ or Fantastic Damage.
AOTD CHALLENGE 5: 1HIT DAYS
Theme: Musicians who have been classified as "one hit wonders."
125. a-ha - Hunting High and Low
Obviously I have to appreciate an album for having Take On Me and the Sun Always Shines but it's too inconsistent across the board. Their second album Scoundrel Days is really underated tho.
126. Harvey Danger - Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?
Just this perfect amount of cocky and snarky "don't give a shit" attitude to really pull this album off.
127. The Cardigans - First Band on the Moon
Just one of the all time greatest pop albums ever, even outside of Lovefool this album ranges the emotions of love so effortlessly that it's completely enthralling.
128. Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack
There's actually some pretty great R&B songs on here even if they do get overshadowed by the BIG ONE.
129.New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too
The kind of youthful optimism and promise that's on this record is so rarely captured this well and it really just makes the album feel like a life-changing affair.
130. Butthole Surfers - Electriclarryland
This is some great background music for all the times I was in love with dying and I was doing it in Texas.
131. Men At Work - Business as Usual
Who Can It Be Now has one of the best sax riffs possibly..ever?
132. Scatman John - Scatman's World
I'd you don't like this album fuck you bababdbababababbaddsaabababbddabababboobbbebebdasdddap
133. House of Pain - House of Pain
Please rise for the Boston national anthem.
134. Wheatus - Wheatus
I don't get the hate, I really don't. It sounds like a damn good power pop album to me, teenage dirtbags aside.
135. Chumbawamba - Tubthumper
136. Damien Rice - O
Blower's Daughter is a song that just guts me every single time I hear it, this album is a masterpiece.
137. Dexys - Too-Rye-Ay
….why don't I like this?
138. A Flock of Seagulls - A Flock of Seagulls
Q:Is it dated? A: Yes
Q: I ran? A: So far away
139. Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age of Wireless
*Swallows a Nokia Cellphone* yet I'm a bit of a Dolby fan.
140. Tom Tom Club - Tom Tom Club
You can't just say a bunch of weird shit and expect me to like your album, that only works 98% of the time!
141. Mr. Big - Lean into It
If this was hair metal's final big hurrah, it was pretty good.
142. Deee-Lite - World Clique
Every song should of had Bootsy and Q-Tip, I would have liked it more.
143. Cameo - Word Up!
This album makes me feel like a whore.
144. Barry McGuire - Eve of Destruction
Some of my favorite country/folk protest stuff out there, up there with John Prine for me.
145. The Buggles - The Age of Plastic
The Buggles deserve more praise as synthpop pioneers god damnit!
146. Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle
Cars is good, rest is zzzzz.
147. Lipps, Inc. - Mouth to Mouth
This would be a good album to listen to a town that prioritized funk as a major export. Maybe like "Groovyvillage" or something like that would work.
148.Yello - Stella
I liked these Swiss soundscapes so much I actually bought this one on vinyl, I hardly buy albums I've already heard on vinyl but this album is just so damn cool.
149. OK Go - Oh No
I cannot listen to this without a Rube Goldberg smashing shit around me, unlistenable!
150. Everything But the Girl - Amplified Heart
And I miss music that doesn't bore me out of my skin.
151. Free - Fire and Water
I want a refund.
152. Gotye - Making Mirrors
The one song is great, everything else is surprisingly really corny. Like it's out of an after school cartoon, one of the shitty ones like Doug.
153. Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
A little bit of some excellent Rock and or Roll.
154. The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
Welcome to psych rock hell, enjoy your stay. Now, please spontaneous combust.
155. Biz Markie - The Biz Never Sleeps
"90s Hip Hop be SO FINE!😫😄😆
Then boom.....Trans Panic Song 😞😔"
AOTD CHALLENGE 6: AOTY DAYS 2
Theme: More user created music.
156. Mythrodak - Hollfron
The music is pretty good but have you seen their Minecraft videos, they're insanely impressive!
157. Scummo - altar ego
I can understand the complaints that this is derivative of other indie rock acts but it still does that sound real well.
158. H8P8GE - Jiku
It's just unfinished, this is an unfinished album.
159. Concrete Castles - playsound("Ep.wav")
Chiptune really suits concrete's style well, I'm happy he's decided to embrace it.
160. MALNEEZY - Bipolar
This came kind of out of the blue because I kinda wrote off Malneezy as far as electronic music goes but this it pleasantly surprised me.
161. CRAZYF1R3 - PURIFICATION
Grrrr I'm the god of death grrrr!!! This person told me to stop listening to their music lol.
162. Sol - !
I mean this with full sincerity but a joke rap song about Garlic Bread was one of my favorite songs from last year.
163. Alkaline Pink - NUCLEAR OTACON (MINI - MIX VOL.1)
I just can't listen to Alkaline's music, it sounds so rough and amateur to me and not in the fun DIY way, in the "this needed more work" kinda way.
164. Wetnurse - yorkie 2
Understands the most important rule of metalcore: put in one song that isn't metalcore in the middle so that it makes that song sound really soft and sentential in comparison to the rest of the album. The second rule is make sure all the music slaps.
165. Elitimesfour - from an unknown
Eli's music has gotten better since they've been kidnapped by aliens but this is still kinda good.
166. Veridsco - Stasis EP
*Thinks of something to say*....nice!
167. DePerra - Escape The Shell
This is some great background music for all the times I'm a hateful internet troll who realizes how pathetic of a person I am and experiences a crisis.
168. Cosmilk - No Form
This was probably more impressive when every AOTY user and their uncle's weren't also making electronic music.
169. DRIFT SPIriT X Knxcke Beatz - Dark Passage
Some damn nice production for this otherwise fairly normal abstract Hip Hop album.
170. Voidshasky - splitters
Is this what the kids call "outrun vaporwave hyperpop Trapcore shroom-core hip hop to study and rap too"? I approve.
171. Flamingooooo - Yugen (幽玄)
Idk. I'm running out of words here.
172. Software Machine - music for spiritual healing
Did not need to be 50 minutes long, I would have enjoyed it more if it was even cut down to just 30.
173.ベリキャンディ - アクアティックリゾート
VAPE orwave. That's so funny, I'm so funny.
174. Marci The Fennec - Chill Lo-Fi Trap Beats For The Angry
Furry jokes aside, Marci has made some pretty kickin' metalcore songs in this project and they're other albums.
175. Prodyy! - Nights (Remastered)
A so-called remaster where absolutely nothing is changed!
176. Rednave - Filmography
R.I.P. Morning Breath Records 2020-2020
177. How To Be Dead - In Space
I just can't see the appeal to be Frank. To be Amy it's just kinda boring.
178. Phantom Instrument Choir - Quantum Fruit Radio
No bias in this score, nope, non at all!
179. JohnJRenns - UnPop or: How She Learned to Stop Giving a Shit and Love the Music
I'm not gonna bad mouth a friend, listen to her Voyager album from this year it's sensational!
180. Gabriel 島 - Deluge
I am gonna bad mouth a friend! Oh more like No 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
181. Seigyr - Warp
I like it when the ambient goes oooohhwweeee ohhhhh you're in space nowwww! Love it when it does that.
182. Young Seagull - Oxidative Stress : A Primer
I just take no joy in Flex-style music anymore, even though Seagull is someone who has shown me nothing but kindness and I will not accept any skander of this birdman.
183. E_Glyde - e_musings
184. Ohio State Bird - Assorted Demos 2015-2018
It just kinda sounds like a bunch of random videos taken off somebody's IPhone.
185. The Dog Will Sing Tonight - Building on Fire EP
Promising, quite promising indeed.
186. Approaching Mountains - Col
I've found that in terms of ambient I've always gravitated towards the more positive sounding stuff rather than the darker entries in the genre, though I still have time to enjoy one of the droneier album.
AOTD CHALLENGE 7: 3969 DAYS
Theme: An album from every year from 1939-1969
187. Lead Belly - Negro Sinful Songs
Very sad album with some great blues songs in the latter half but the first half is too messy for me personally.
188.Woody Guthrie - Dust Bowl Ballads
First concept album of all time...ain't half bad either.
189. The Almanac Singers - Songs for John Doe
An incredible view of life during WW2 along the likes of Casablanca in terms of portraying the dispare felt during the war.
190. Fats Waller - Waller on the Ivories
Tower of Terror-core
191. Paul Robeson - Songs of Free Men
Why do those who can't do opera try to opera?
192. Glenn Miller - Glenn Miller
Throw this bad boy on, give your great gramps some PTSD.
193. Carlota Jaramillo & Luis Alberto Valencia - Recuerdos
Unique in the way Trío Aguilillas is unique, it's just not as good.
194. Frank Sinatra - The Voice of Frank Sinatra
"Fuck you, fuck Italy, and Fuck Frank Sinatra" -Mookie.
195. Billie Holiday - Billie Holiday
It has Strange Fruit which kinda overshadows a lot of it but also...it has Strange Fruit.
196. Harry Revel, Les Baxter & Dr. Samuel J. Hoffman - Perfume Set to Music
Some real theremin™ trap shit.
197. Alexander Laszlo - The Secret Music of China
What's the 1940s equivalent of cringe?
198. Jo Stafford - Autumn in New York
Really does feel like a nice autumn day.
199. Duke Ellington - Masterpieces by Ellington
Real cocky to call your own music a masterpiece but also it's Duke Ellington so he's completely in his right to do so.
200. Various Artists - Singin' in the Rain
Dang they should turn this album into a musical!
201. Moondog - On the Streets of New York
In three years Moondog will release my favorite Avant-folk album with "More Moondog." This is not that year however.
202. Louis Armstrong - Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy
It's very easy to see Louis Armstrong as just this cultural phenomenon but diving into his music can be very rewarding as well.
203. Sarah Vaughan - Sarah Vaughan
Greatest vocalist in jazz OAT. No competition as far as I'm concerned.
204. The Louvin Brothers - Tragic Songs of Life
CORNY SAD COUNTRY MUSIC LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
205. Blossom Dearie - Blossom Dearie
Eh, could be better.
206. Mary O'Hara - Songs of Ireland
Eh, could be worse.
207. Bobby Darin - That's All
Having Mack the Knife and Across the Sea is a surefire way for me to like your album.
208. Max Roach - We Insist! Max Roach's Freedom Now Suite
Feel like an asshole for not enjoying this.
209. Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sings Civil War Songs Of The North
SIXTEEN TONS OF HORSESHIT!
210. Tito Puente - El Rey Bravo
Sets my soul afire with a slanderous mambo!
211. Jorge Ben - Samba Esquema Novo
I have been desperately trying to learn how to sit like Jorge is doing in the cover but to no avail.
212. Eddie Condon - Eddie Condon in Japan
213. The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe in Magic
There's a song about catching crawfish on here or something. Awesome.
214. 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators
When the AOTD crew rated this it dropped from #11 to #17 for the year. Take of that what you will.
215. Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
Didn't know Green Day still has fans.
216. Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake
Weird psych rock shit that blends the line between sincerity and comedy? Ye.
217. Coven - Witchcraft Destroys Minds And Reaps Souls
This album made me feel unsafe. Very few pieces of music can make you feel like you're going to get in trouble for listening to it but this is one of them.
AOTD CHALLENGE 8: 4GOOOT DAYS
Theme: Albums discovered through http://forgotify.com/player.cfm
218. The Pennies - 10,000 Things
Very strange this band never got popular, it feels wrong actually.
219. Made - They Don't Understand
No Made, they truly don't.
220. Esther Borja - Canta A Dos, Tres Y Cuatro Voces
Wow CLJesse your grandma makes good music!
221. Western Ninja - See You In Hell
Considering how awful this music is that's a very real possibility.
222. Kick Ptarmigan - Feelgooderie
*Cooks brain alive trying to think of something interesting to say*
223. Josh Heinemann - Time
>Album is called Time
>Is like three hours long
224.Caretaker - Providence
Some awesome Post Rock that you're for sure not going to forget anytime soon. ...get it...forget... caretaker….
225. David Are - Friends for a Few
Shitty, moving on.
226. The Monotrol Kid - What About the Finches
Really wish this album wasn't so long and just experimented with its sound a little bit.
227. Eva Taylor - Eva Taylor with Clarence Williams
That is some very good jazz right there, maybe I'm just a sucker for vocal jazz that sounds like it's being played off a phonogram.
228. Alfredo Antonini - Richard Tucker - Sorrento
I cook-a da meatball!
229. JD And The Longfellows - Swinging for England
230. Scott McBride - Friends Always Worry Me
"This album is the musical equivalent of accidentally dropping your ice cream on the carpet, and when you go to scoop it back up, it has a bunch of hairs in it that you have to pick out." -Pipepanic
231. Rojalina Lama - Timra Yaadharu
Damn this sex ed novel kinda slaps.
232. Sandy Lam - 經典系列 - 林憶蓮
Small child makes a Madonna song.
233. Various Artists - Films: Anjuman / Umrao Jan Ada
I can't really comprehend it, but these movie scores make me feel like an actual badass while listening.
234. Alavala - Secret Whale
How can a whale be secret, where are you gonna hide that shit?
235. Coleman Hawkins - In A Mellow Tone
Persona 5 Vibes.
236. Barnes & Barnes - Amazing Adult Fantasy
It's like a mashup of Ween and They Might Be Giants. It's pandering to me basically.
237. Thee Vinyl Creatures - The Sun & the Silver Anthology Vol. 2
I didn't know the guy from Wheatus was in an Alt-rock band!
238. Jonny U. - JU's Old Town Hits
Good in the same way Viper is good, you just have to understand.
239. Kevin Coyne - Wild Tiger Love
"I saw a tiger…..and the tiger saw man."
240. Stickboy (UK) - The Magical Tree And Other Stories
Maybe it's like the UK Office and Americans don't understand it.
241. Fox - Tales of Illusion
This is Fleetwood Mac levels of great imo. Just know that if you're listening on streaming the three cod reggae tracks at the end of the album aren't actually on the real album, so you don't have to worry about it during your psych rock vibes.
242. Lucky Charms & The Serenaders - Born to Be Lucky
I've been listening to this albums version of "Night Owl" for awhile now at midnight and it just hits me in a very spesific way.
243. Sumé - Sumut
Greenland Prog Rock album killing colonizers. Based out of space.
244. Hassan Shamaizadeh - Aghaze Parvaz
About to bust out the thesaurus for the word boring.
245. Chavela Vargas - Lamento Borincano
…...I heard her other albums are good….
246. Kza - Dig & Edit 2
There's one really great house song and a bunch of other mediocre ones.
247. Quartetto Cetra - I Successi Del Quartetto Cetra
Considering the fact this album starts with Old MacDonald I liked this a lot more than I thought based on initial observations.
248. Franco Cerri - Omaggio A Bill Evans
dull · humdrum · lifeless · monotonous · mundane · stodgy · tedious · tiring
AOTD CHALLENGE 9: PEN15 DAYS
Theme: Penis Music
249. The Hotelier - Goodness
Quality Midwest sadboy shit.
250. Afourteen - PENIS MUSIC
This album might have been recorded on an actual penis going off how it sounds.
251. Crass - Penis Envy
Who told Sigmund Freud he could make Art Punk! Get out of here old man!
252. Crazy Penis - The Wicked is Music
It's decent deep house I guess but does get very repetitive.
253. Greater Than One - Lay Your Penis Down
254. Flux Of Pink Indians - The Fucking Cunts Treat Us Like Pricks
What I Learned: if you have a problem...cum on it.
255. Nigel Pepper Cock - Fresh White Reeboks Kicking Your Ass
For as much as a meme this cover is it still rips some ass.
256. Apator - Meet The Meat
Lol Greater Than One
257. Dirty Projectors - The Glad Fact
Despite not being s tier Dirty Projectors...it still is Dirty Projectors.
258. The Shiver - Walpurgis
Being the only prog rock fan on AOTD is an eternal battle.
259. Fat White Family - Champagne Holocaust
My favorite food is Lasagna
260. Bauhaus - In the Flat Field
The much awaited reboot to the "I don't get it" series.
261. Arsedestroyer - Teenass Revolt
It's shitty noise.
262. Penis - Too Big To Fail
Very overhated. It's like a girl group Ramones, what's not to love about that.
263. GG Allin - Eat My Fuc
Fuck ass tit shit bitch cum cunt ass shit dick jizz douche cum.
264. Couch Slut - My Life as a Woman
The 2020 album is better.
265. Nikudorei - Genital Torture
It's shittier noise.
266. Brötzmann / Leigh - Sex Tape
It's called free jazz because if you want something good you'll have to pay MONEY!
267. Cannibal Corpse - Vile
This band sucks.
268. Motörhead - Sacrifice
This band is awesome. POV: you are Lemmy's lil German slot machine.
269. $uicideboy$ - KILL YOUR$ELF Part V: The Fuck Bitche$, Get Death $aga
Most inconsistent band on earth I stg.
270. I Voted For Kodos - Not Penis Cream
Thank you for already making a Simpsons reference for me. I've already done too many in this list.
271. Penis Fly Trap - Michael American
"Nothing more punk rock then being transphobic!" -Pipepanic
272. 四万十川友美 - PENIS
Fishmans but cock.
273. Give Us Barabba - Penis Barbecue
The opener is a tribute to Devin Townsend. I wasn't going to like this.
274. Tin Machine - Tin Machine II
So you think Tin Machine is a good Bowie album? I do, and I'm tired of pretending it's not.
275. Sonic Youth - Sister
I have never ever understood the appeal of this band.
276. Alls Fallow - Our Logo is a Penis…
Indeed it is, indeed it is.
277. Cantor Dust - The Three-Penised Man
Tom Waits if he fucking sucked and was awful.
278. Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
This album is so euphoric sounding it's difficult to describe. It's this overwhelming sensation of calm.
279. Doc Wör Mirran - Overtly Groin
We did it America! We found a good penis noise album!
AOTD CHALLENGE 10: LGBTQA DAYS
Theme: LGBTQA musicians.
280. Wendy Carlos - Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange
Remember how I said Nejiko Suwa was my favorite traditional classical album? I said traditional because this is album is fucking bonkers and my alltime favorite classical, period.
281. Angela Morley - Original Soundtrack Watership Down
When bae uses leitmotifs 😍!
282. Against Me! - White Crosses
Laura Jane Grace is such an amazing musician it's not even funny. Every project she touches is just transcendental.
283. The Magnetic Fields - Holiday
It's no 69 Love Songs, but is anything really?
284. Billy Tipton Memorial Saxophone Quartet - Billy Tipton Memorial Saxophone Quartet: Box
I do love me some music about going absolutely postal.
285. G.L.O.S.S. - Trans Day of Revenge
Watch out everyone!! I'm coming to steal your shit!
286. Pinhead Gunpowder - Goodbye Ellston Avenue
Green Day (derogatory)
287. Zero Kama - The Secret Eye Of L.A.Y.L.A.H.
You'd think if you we're going to make music out of human bones you'd at least make it a bit more interesting.
288. Black Cracker - Come as U R
I'll say it, this was ahead if it's time in terms of sound. Ahead of its time by like two years but still.
289. Osno1 - hello kitty skates to the fuckin CEMETARY
….this isn't the funny Gecs….
290. Antony and the Johnsons - The Crying Light
THAT'S FUCKING MUSIC BABY! THAT'S FUCKIN MUUUUUUSIC!!
291. Nero's Day At Disneyland - From Rotting Fantasylands
Lauren is so consistent at making music to soundtrack your AMVs.
And that's it. I'm completely caught up. This has been every single album of the day. I love doing thing, and I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon. Here's to one more year!