The Avalanches - Wildflower
Jun 26, 2019
I actually prefer this over Since I left you. While SILY was like a beautiful ballet happening before your eyes Wildflower felt like an adventure. This is an album that gives everybody listening their own little personal film if you open your mind enough. For me this album is a trip through an abandoned warehouse for old amusement park equipment. The animatronics inside spark to life and some people who snuck inside have to bare witness it. This idea mainly came from how strange and distorted some of the samples sound. Like how on "The Noisy Eater" the children singing the "come together" sample sound like "It's a Small World" dolls. My main problem is how many damn endings this album has. There was a point right after "Sunshine" ended where I was like "damn is this still going?"

But overall I love this. Great imagination material.

Also it has a Danny Brown feature I actually like so that's 10 points right there.
Jun 27, 2019
Great review! It’s interesting to see someone else who prefers Wildflower over Since I left you and list good reasons why you think that.
Jun 27, 2019
@KingKRoolisBack Yeah, and don't get me wrong, I love Since I Left You. It's just that that album is so clean and polished to the point that it feels kinda distant and this one is more....whimsical imo. Like an old Disney movie. Also it helps that I can sing along to some of the songs on Wildflower.
Jun 27, 2019
@toasterqueen12 I love Wildflower for the same reasons too, I think it’s a really colorful album, but I think Since I left you is the better plunderphonics experience
DEEPSLEEP